Before explaining in detail about PMS, first let's know about menstrual cycle.
Woman's ovaries contain many eggs, called ova. One egg matures and gets released every cycle which is known as ovulation. After ovulation, estrogen and progesterone hormones are released in the premenstrual phase of the cycle so that lining of the uterus gets stimulated and it get ready for pregnancy. If pregnancy does not take place, lining gets shed and periods begin.
WHAT IS PMS OR PRE MENSTRUAL SYNDROME?
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome Is recognized by a number of symptoms related to the menstrual cycle. No definite causes are defined behind it and symptoms go by itself after menstruation. PMS starts usually 1 to 2 weeks before monthly bleeding begins. Symptoms vary for each woman and for some, PMS is just monthly bother and for some it is very severe to handle. Let's know more about it.
WHAT ARE VARIOUS SYMPTOMS OF PMS?
PMS is a complex condition that involves both physical and emotional symptoms. It is very common among women in their late 20s and late 40s and also in childbearing age..
- Severe abdominal pain or cramps
- Abdominal bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Tender and swollen breasts
- Increased appetite and food craving
- Mood swing
- Difficulty in concentration
- Memory lapse
- Insomnia or excessive sleep
- Increased sensitivity for light, sound and touch.
WHAT ARE CAUSES BEHIND PMS?
Severe factors may involve though causes are not clear that how PMS develops in some women. Causes may be related to
- Biological, cultural, social or psychological.
- Hormones imbalance including oestrogens excess, progesterone deficiency.
- Low levels of vitamins (B6) and minerals.
- Stress, depression or emotional issues.
- Having excess salty and spicy food items that causes to remain with fluid
- Intake of caffeine or alcohol in excess.
EXAMS AND TESTS
There are no specific tests and diagnostic methods for PMS but following are really helpful to rule out condition-
- Medical history about signs and symptoms.
- Physical examination including PV (pelvic examination)
WHAT IS BEST TREATMENT FOR PMS?
Best PMS Treatment Includes-
- Herbal treatment
- Healthy diet and life style
1. Herbal treatment
Herbal or Ayurvedic treatment is made from pure extracts of best quality herbs like Ashok, Udumber, Arjun, Shatavari, Lodhra etc have been proved very effective in managing the symptoms of PMS. Planet Ayurveda, presents a unique and special care pack for PMS called- PMS care pack includes herbal formulations like Pradarantak Churna, Female Health Support, Aloe Vitals and Mahashankh Vati. All these effective herbal preparations are known for their actions and properties on female reproductive system and digestive system. These products also take care of other ailments which are very common among females like endometriosis, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea, general debility, menopausal symptoms etc and provide energy, boost immunity, cure fatigue, revitalize body and calm the nervous system.
PMS Care Pack by Planet Ayurveda-
- Pradrantak churna
- Female health support
- Aloe vitals
- Mahashankh vati
Blend of unique herbs like Ashok, Udumber, Lodhra and Arjun make a special formulation named pradrantak churna. This helps in proper flow during menstruation and also helps in strengthening of muscles. Pradrantak churna of Planet Ayurveda is a wonderful herbal remedy especially for women which has indications in other related female reproductive issues.
Female Health Support-
This is an amazing herbal product by Planet Ayurveda for complete women health. It helps in providing stamina, boosting immunity and managing proper secretion of female hormones. It has Ashoka, Lodhra and Shatavari in it that provides soothing effects to body and relaxes mind.
Aloe vitals come in capsule form that is made from standardized extracts of pure herb aloe vera. This excellent formulation is rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamins – A, B, C, E, Folic acid and minerals – sodium, potassium, zinc, calcium, chromium, magnesium etc. Aloe vera detoxifies the whole body as it has antioxidant properties. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory, liver protective, immune-enhancing etc properties.
Another formulation by Planet Ayurveda that acts on digestive system. Maha shankh vati helps in relieving from abdominal gas, flatulence, cramps, acidity, nausea and indigestion which are commonly seen in PMS also.
Regular use of this combo pack for suggested time of period is highly recommended for better results!!
Where to Buy These Herbal Remedies?
To buy PMS Care Pack, visit www.alwaysayurveda.com/store/products/pms-care-pack
2. Healthy diet and life style
- Have a balanced diet including vegetables, whole grains, fruits and very less salt intake.
- Try to have small frequent meals instead heavy 2 or 3 meals.
- Drink- plenty of fluids including water, Fruits fresh juices and avoid - alcohol, soft drinks, alcohol.
- Exercise must be a part of daily routine.
- Sleep habits must be proper.