A condition affecting the skin on palms of hands and the sides of fingers and even sometimes soles of feet which are manifested by very small, fluid-filled blisters is called by name Dyshidrotic Eczema or Pompholyx. The blisters appearing are itchy and may be filled with clear fluid. These blisters usually persist for nearly two to four weeks and might be linked to some seasonal allergies or stress.
REASONS FOR ITS OCCURRENCE
The actual reason for dyshidrotic eczema is not clear. Researchers consider that this condition might be associated with seasonal allergies like hay fever, so blisters may erupt more frequently during the spring allergy season.
The probable causes which lead to Dyshidrotic Eczema development could be;
- During times of emotional or physical stress.
- Certain allergies, like hay fever.
- Frequent washing hands or in case hands or feet are mostly moist or in water.
- Had to work with cement or expose hands to metals like chromium, cobalt, nickel.
- Suffering from atopic dermatitis already.
- Generally having sensitive skin.
- Receive intravenous immunoglobulin infusions to treat another medical condition.
Ayurveda explains it to be result of imperfect diet and lifestyle that cause improper digestion and leads to imbalanced Pitta Dosha (Fire). Pitta exhibits in the skin and bring about toxins known as ama accumulation. These toxins pile up in the body tissues, contaminating them at a deep level and causes Dyshidrotic Eczema.
SYMPTOMS APPEARING IN DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA
- Small fluid-filled blisters called vesicles appear on the fingers, hands, and feet. They are most common along the edges of the fingers, toes, palms, and soles. These blisters can be very itchy. They also cause scaly patches of skin that flake or get red, cracked, and painful.
- Scratching leads to skin changes and skin thickening. Large blisters may cause pain.
- Blisters are formed on fingers, toes, hands, or feet and they are more common on the edges of these areas
- The blisters are usually fluid filled and sometimes are large.
- It can be painful or very itchy and skin to flake. Affected areas may become cracked or painful to the touch.
- The blisters generally last up to three weeks which get dry and peel.
- The skin underneath them may become scaly, red, cracked, and painful.
- Skin might become thicker or feels spongy.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA
These herbal Capsules are formulated using standardized extracts of various skin friendly herbs that makes it to nourish skin from inside to out. It has power to eliminate the toxins (ama) from body and retains healthy skin and this way brings positive results in skin condition Dyshidrotic Eczema.
Herbs Used are:
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia): This medicinal herb possess blood purification properties by which it can excrete out the all the impurities from blood. It comprises salicylates and triterpenoids in it that bring about reduction in swelling or inflammation. It is even good immunity booster. It remarkably nourishes and replenish the skin.
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis): A valuable herb relieving from symptoms of itching, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and controls the inflammation of the skin. Also a good anti-oxidant.
- Chirata (Swetia chiretta): Chirata is an herb with medicinal properties that is pretty effective in the skin problems. It is an effective blood purifying herb. It benefits by providing from symptoms like itching, burning sensation and redness etc. Also possess anti-inflammatory properties relieving pains as well has efficient enough in quick healing of wounds. So a good herb for Dyshidrotic Eczema.
- Ghrit kumari Or Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis): This is quite effective herb that resolves skin problems. It induces cooling effect on skin. It is a good anti-oxidant and that help in elimination of toxins from the body and moisturizes the skin. It is also rich in vitamins C and E that helps in recovery of the skin and manages the inflammation and reduces the rashes on the skin.
Dose: 1 2 capsules two times a day, with plain water, after meals.
Herbs used are:
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao)
- Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
All herb present in it collectively work as an effective blood purifier that eliminates the toxins from body as well a good anti-inflammatory herbal agent. This herbal product brings relief from symptoms of this skin condition.
Dosage: One teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily.
Gandhak Rasayana are herbal capsules is a natural remedy for this skin problem. It can boosts immune system and eliminates the harmful effects of Dyshidrotic Eczema. This herbal product is relatively efficientin controlling and reducing the symptoms of Dyshidrotic Eczema like itching in skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin. It is prepared using purified Sulphur (Shuddh Gandhak).
- Purified Sulphur (Shuddh Gandhak): This is a good blood purifier that removes all the toxins from body.
Dosage:- 1-2 twice in a day with plain water after meals.
The pitta balance capsule is a combination having cooling compounds, natural calcium compounds that all together helps to restore the imbalanced pitta quickly and maintain healthy skin.
- Praval pishti (coral calcium): Praval pishti is natural calcium compound that effective in boosting the immunity
- Mukta pishti (Pearl Calcium): It helps to provide relief from the burning sensation.
- Giloy satv (Tinospora cordifolia) extract: Giloy is good detoxification process along with it a good:
- Akik pishti (Agate calcium)
- Jawar mohra pishti (Calcium compound)
- Kamdudha ras (Calcium compound)
Dose: 1-2 capsules once to twice daily after meals, with plain water.
5. Nirgundi Oil
This Ayurvedic is highly medicinal and is skin friendly. It is a rich source of vitamin C that makes it the potent anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic in effects. It is good in healing woundsand provide relif from pain. It provides a great amount of relief from the symptoms of Dyshidrotic Eczema. It is prepare with use of extracts of some essential herbs as;
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Kalihari (Gloriosa superba)
- Haldi (Curcuma longa)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Til oil (Sesamum indicum)
Application: Apply Nirgundi oil on affected skin area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. It is more beneficial to apply nirgundi oil before bath to reduce swelling, pain and irritation