Natural ways to cure the health issues are becoming more and more popular these days. It is awful but a bitter truth that people are suffering from various ailments these days. Bottom line of this article is how to reduce the uric acid naturally.
Increased uric acid or Hyperuricemia is the condition which is characterized by the excess accumulation of uric acid in the blood. It is due to when our kidneys don't eliminate uric acid properly. Diuretic, medications Obesity, diabetes, too much alcohol consumption and taking the foods which are rich in uric acid are the some causes which are liable for this condition. You can't take it lightly because the high uric acid may lead to the various health issues like formation of kidney stones, inflammation of joints (gout), problems with urination and certain type of cancers.
Even the treatment part sometimes may lead to adverse effects on health. Ayurveda is science of life whose emphasis is not only to cure the disease but also to boost up good health. Hence Ayurveda is not only the holistic approach to heal the sickness but an ancient scripture for good health and fitness. In Ayurveda, treatment part comprises herbs, healthy diet, a good life style to stay away from health issues.
How to reduce uric acid naturally, there are several way discussed below
Various herbs identified in Ayurveda which are packed with blood purification properties and also helpful to manage the symptoms associated with the increased uric acid naturally. These herbs help to balance the vata dosha which is main cause of increased uric acid. Hence with the use of herbs increased uric acid levels can be managed naturally.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): Antioxidant and blood purification properties of this herb are quite effective to reduce the uric acid levels naturally. Moreover this herb helps to provide relief in the symptoms associated with increased uric acid like urinary stones, problem in urination, and inflammation of joints.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis): This herb is commonly called as the Amalaki or amla and known to be very effective herb to decrease the uric acid levels in the body. Being rich in vitamin c it helps to lower down the uric acid levels. It strengthens the functioning of kidney and removes all the toxins from the body.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale): This herb is commonly called as the Ginger. It is one of most common spice used in the Indian kitchens and has the great medicinal properties. It helps to pacify the aggravated vata dosha which is the cause of elevated uric acid levels in body.
- Guggul (Commniphora mukul): This herb is very useful to reduce the intense pain and inflammation in the high uric acid levels.
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica): This herb is rich in vitamin A and also have the astringent properties. Use of Bahera is good to remove all the impurities from body.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): This herb has the great medicinal importance in Ayurveda to cure the various ailments. Blood purification properties of this herb help to remove all the toxins from body.
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia): This herb is the blood purifier, diuretic and astringent and anti-inflammatory in nature. Use of this herb is quite good to lower down the uric acid.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia): This herb is also known by the other names like amrita, giloya and heartleaf moonseed. This herb helps to reduce the inflammation and pain in the elevated uric acid levels.
Herbal Remedies for Gout (High Uric Acid)
1. Amla juice: Amla is the rich source of vitamin c and also has antioxidant properties. It enhances the functioning of kidneys and also helps in the removal of the toxins from the body.
Directions to use:
- Remove seeds from amla.
- Crush these pieces and add into 50 ml of water.
- Strain it and drink twice daily.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and creates an alkaline effect which helps to neutralize the uric acid.
Direction to use:
- Cut and Squeeze juice of half lemon into a glass of warm water.
- Drink it two times daily.
3. Fennel powder: Consuming the one teaspoonful of fennel powder twice daily is good to reduce uric acid levels in the body.
Diet also plays an important role to lower the uric acid naturally. So here is list of some food products which are good to lower down the uric acid levels.
Consume fruits like:
Consume Vegetables Like:
- Sweet potato
- Red onion.
(a) Consumption of cow’s ghee is also good to lower down the uric acid levels.
(b) Use olive oil in cooking because it is rich in vitamin C thus it helps to lower the uric acid levels.
BREATHING EXERCISES (PRANAYAM)
Breathing exercise fosters the body with oxygen and also increases the healing power of body. These techniques help in the dilation of blood vessels and also improve the blood circulation in the body.
- Avoid seafood, red meat and organ meats and poultry products.
- Avoid vegetables like cauliflower, peas, spinach, mushroom and bell pepper.
- Avoid fruits like prunes, plums, and dates.
- Avoid taking kidney beans (rajmah), lentils, chick pea (chana), black lentils, soybean and sprouts in the case of increased uric acid levels.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid coffee.
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Try to fast once or twice weekly. During fasting eat fruit diet.
- Drink plenty of water.