Some people wake up like million bucks. And me?? I woke up like insufficient funds.
This worst feeling occurs when body is giving up energy and it affects physically and emotionally. Disorders cause great illness in the system. Some of the diseases affect physically and emotionally also as that malfunction not only affect internally but also shows problems physically and mentally sometimes. Hyperthyroidism is one of the diseases that shows this kind of combined effect.
WHAT IS IN THIS DISEASE?
Hyperthyroidism is a condition of the thyroid. The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located at the front of your neck. During development, the thyroid is present behind the tongue and migrate to the front of neck before birth.
Hormones produce by the thyroid gland
The two most important hormones produced by gland are T3 (tri-iodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). Thyroid gland also produces calcitonin, which helps control blood calcium levels.
The thyroid's hormones T3 and T4 regulate vital body functions like:-
- Heart rate
- Central and peripheral nervous systems
- Body weight
- Muscle strength
- Menstrual cycles
- Cholesterol levels and much more!
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid makes too much T4, T3, or both.
HOW YOUR THYROID WORKS?
Think your thyroid gland is a car engine that sets the pace at which your body operates. An engine produces the required amount of energy for a car to move at a certain speed. As a car cannot produce energy without gas, your thyroid needs fuel to produce thyroid hormone. This fuel is iodine. It comes from our diet and in iodized table salt, seafood, bread and milk. Gland uses this iodine to make thyroid hormone: thyroxine, also called T4 as it contains four iodine atoms and trii-odothyronine or T3 that contains three iodine atoms.
CAUSES OF HYPERTHYROIDISM
The thyroid gland hormones T4 and T3 -play vital role in the functioning of body. If the levels of T4 and T3 are too high then hyperthyroidism occurs.
The most common cause of hyperthyroidism includes:-
- The autoimmune disorder Graves’ disease- in this disease your immune system creates antibodies that cause the thyroid to grow and make more thyroid hormone than your body needs. The antibodies which are responsible for this are known as thyroid-stimulating immunoglobulins (TSIs).
- Another reason is a toxic nodular or multinodular goiter- these are lumps or nodules in the thyroid gland that cause the thyroid to produce excessive amounts of thyroid hormones.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland known as thyroiditis that occurs either due to a virus or malfunction in immune system.
- Furthermore, people who take too much iodine (either from foods or supplements) or medications containing iodine may produce high levels.
- Some women may also develop hyperthyroidism during pregnancy or in the first year after giving birth.
SYMPTOMS THAT SHOW THE CONDITION OF HYPERTHYROIDISM
Hyperthyroidism can mimic other health problems. It can cause variety of signs and symptoms as:-
- Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite is good.
- Rapid heartbeat includes more than 100 beats a minute
- Increased appetite
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Changes in menstrual patterns
- Increased sensitivity to heat
- An enlarged thyroid gland that occurs due to swelling at the base of your neck
- Difficulty in sleeping
A kind of uncommon problem Graves ophthalmopathy may affect your eyes, especially if you smoke. Signs include:
- Protruding eyeballs
- Red or swollen eyes
- Discomfort in one or both eyes
- Light sensitivity
TIME FOR CONSULTATION
If there is unusual weight loss, rapid heartbeat and swelling at the base of your neck or other symptoms associated with hyperthyroidism, consult your doctor.
Hyperthyroidism is diagnosed based on symptoms, physical examination, radio iodine uptake test, thyroid scan and blood tests to measure levels of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and thyroid hormones T3 and T4.these can be controlled by taking anti-thyroid medication or surgery.
HYPERTHYROIDISM AND AYURVEDA
Ayurveda also has very promising and herbal treatment for hyperthyroidism. To understand the link between disease control and ayurvedic principles, we have to understand what is Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of natural and holistic medicine. Ayurveda word means "the science of life".
Ayurveda provides us with the knowledge of how to prevent disease and how we can eliminate its root cause.
According to Ayurveda, each person is influenced by certain elements more than others, because of their natural constitution.
Ayurveda categorizes the different constitutions into three different doshas:
- Vata dosha, defines the air and space elements
- Pitta dosha, defines the fire element
- Kapha dosha, defines the earth and water elements
The dosha is not just affecting shape of one's body but also food preferences, digestion and the temperament of one's mind and emotions. As the earth element in people with Kapha dosha is for slower digestion, their strong memory, and their emotional steadiness. Most people's nature is made up of a combination of two doshas like people who are "Pitta Kapha" will have the tendencies of both Pitta dosha and Kapha dosha, with Pitta dominating. So understanding the qualities of these elements, we can keep ourselves in a balanced way.
Ayurvedic medication for hyperthyroidism concentrate to regulate its symptoms and make sure to cure the basic cause of hyperthyroidism.
AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS USED TO TREAT HYPERTHYROIDISM BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides excellent range of herbal formulations to cure this disease. The herbal formulations to treat hyperthyroidism are:
1. Shatavari Capsules
Shatavari is a climbing plant. The plant is found in tropical and subtropical forests. Since ages, it has been used in the Ayurveda. It possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antiseptic property. It helps to get rid of weakness, fatigue, acidity, poor reproductive health and more.
2. Immune Magic
In Ayurveda, there is a theory, known as beej-bhumi theory. It means seed and land. It explains that the body is related to the land while the infections are related to the seed. During critical conditions, when ama is produced in the body then the infection finds its place to grow.
- Grape seed (Vitis vinifera)
- Cow colostrums (Bovine colostrums),
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Green tea (Camella sinensis).
All these products are used in the way they are.it provides great immunity and help to retain immunological functioning of the human body.
3. Weight Gain Formula
Being thin is a serious issue if it came either due to low caloric intake or due to diseased condition like hyperthyroidism, cancer, hemorrhoids etc. people with this thinness have very bad stamina, get fatigued very soon and have very low immunity.
The weight gain medication is prepared by mixing herbs like ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) and others which help to regulate body metabolism. This will help to regain body shape.
The muscle weight increases and fat in body parts is maintained according to its adequate amount.
So by taking these medications symptoms of hyperthyroidism can be managed effectively.