Life feels good and happy if you have great health. There are many diseases and health problems that people deal with every day. With a little concern and consultation with your doctor you can make your life perfect.
Out the bucket of health problems, one of the major problem today is hemorrhoids. For layman it is known as piles.
WHAT IS THIS TERM HEMORRHOIDS MEAN?
Hemorrhoids are very common. These result from increased pressure on the anus. The pressure causes the normal anal veins and tissue to swell in the lower rectum. The rectum is the last part of the large intestine leading to the anus. The anus is the opening at the end of the digestive tract where bowel contents leave the body.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF HEMORRHOIDS
- Internal hemorrhoids is at the starting of rectum, deep inside anus. If they get large they may fall outside and whenever it happens, this can be felt as moist, pink pads of skin that are pinker than the surrounding area. The major problem with internal hemorrhoids is bleeding during bowel movements.
- External hemorrhoids occur outside the anus. It can cause difficulty in cleaning the area after a bowel movement. Blood clot forms in an external hemorrhoid, known as thrombosis. If it happens, the hemorrhoid can turn purple or blue, and could possibly bleed.
HOW COMMON ARE HEMORRHOIDS?
Around 75 percent of people have hemorrhoids at some point in their lives. These are most common among adults ages 45 to 65. This disease is also common in pregnant women.
FACTORS THAT CAUSE HEMORRHOIDS
Swelling in the anal or rectal veins causes hemorrhoids. Many factors may cause this swelling which include:-
- Chronic constipation
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting on the toilet for long periods of time
- No fibers in diet
Another cause of hemorrhoids is connective tissue in the rectum and anus that get weakened with age.
Pregnancy is also one reason to cause hemorrhoids .It happens due to increase pressure in the abdomen, which may enlarge the veins in the lower rectum and anus. In general most women get free from hemorrhoids after child birth.
SYMPTOMS THAT CAN BE SEEN
Hemorrhoid symptoms usually depend on the location.
- The very common sign of internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood on stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement. There is no pain if they are not prolapsed. Prolapsed one often cause pain, discomfort, and anal itching.
- The common sign in external hemorrhoids are blood clots. A blood clot in a vein is called a thrombosis. It causes bleeding, painful swelling, or a hard lump around the anus. After blood clot is no longer present, extra skin hangs behind which can create itch.
WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR?
Bleeding during bowel movements is very common sign of hemorrhoids. But this kind of bleeding occur in other kinds of diseases also. So don't assume yourself that bleeding is due to hemorrhoids without consulting a doctor.
- By physical examination
- By digital rectum test
A digital rectal examination is done with a gloved, lubricated finger and an anoscope-a lighted tube used to view the rectum.
- Other tests to locate problem are
- Colonoscopy-this device transmits images of the inside of the rectum and the entire colon.
- Sigmoidoscope-it transmits images of the rectum and the sigmoid colon, the lower portion of the colon that empties into the rectum.
HEMORRHOIDS AND AYURVEDA
By taking simple, healthy diet and proper lifestyle, changes can be done to reduce the swelling of hemorrhoids which relieve hemorrhoid symptoms.
Ayurveda has great and healthy treatment to eradicate the problem.
AYURVEDIC VIEW OF DISEASE
Ayurveda- Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that originates from combination of two words, "Ayush" means life and "veda" means knowledge. So Ayurveda means "Knowledge about Life". Ayurveda is a 5000 years old science that originated in India. This ancient art is a junction of science, philosophy and spirituality that are necessary aspects of healthy living.
Ayurvedic medicine involves universal interconnection among people, the body's constitution (prakriti), and life forces (dosha).
- Vata refers to air and ether elements that directs nerve impulses, circulation, respiration, and elimination.
- Kapha refers to water and earth elements that is responsible for growth and protection.
- Pitta refers to fire and water elements that connect with metabolism.
HISTORY OF HERBS USED SINCE ANCIENT TIMES
A 2013 review in Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology showed that hemorrhoids were also noted in an ancient Egyptian papyrus. They used an ointment of acacia leaves as a treatment that can be placed in anus.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF HEMORRHOIDS
Ayurveda offers many remedies for lots of diseases. There are many ways Ayurveda approaches piles that includes diet, lifestyle, herbal supplements, medication, exercise and even massage. It focuses on every aspect either it is constipation or pain during hemorrhoids.
AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS USED TO TREAT HEMORRHOIDS BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides reliable herbal formulations to cure this disease.
1. Pile-OFF Capsules
Pile OFF capsules are 100 % natural, containing pure organic herbs. It reduces the size the piles, reduces the swelling, eradicates the pain, stops the bleeding and provides life free from piles.
The ingredients used in this medicine are:-
- Curcuma longa - Natural anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory.
- Trikatu - Improves digestion, clears toxins and helps to remove constipation, flatulence and increases appetite.
- Sajji kashar - Natural alkali maintains normal intestinal flora.
- Nagkesar - Useful in bleeding piles mainly.
- The Chotti Harar - Helps to get rid of intestine toxins.
2. Kachnaar Guggul
The main ingredients are:-
- Guggul and Kachnaar.
Other herbs like:-
- Triphala that helps to detoxify whole system.
- Varun is also a detox herb, which works as a urinary system alkalizer. It detoxifies through the kidneys.
3. Sanjivani Vati
Sanjeevani Vati acted upon Aama or endotoxin. Aama is the byprodut of faulty metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
It manages many diseases like High Cholesterol, Blocked coronary arteries, Piles, and many others.
Sanjeevani Vati is a great remedy to make action on Aama as it ignites the digestive fire and brings all the mid-way metabolites out of the whole system.
4. Vara Churna
Vara Churna or Triphala powder is a blend of most popular Ayurvedic herbs Haritaki, Bhibhitaki and Amalaki.
This medicine is helpful in multiple problems as they eradicate certain harmful toxins from the body .This makes it best remedy for constipation and an effective colon cleanse formula.
- Avoid Constipation
- Radish juice-10-20 ml daily.
- Sticky foods like Banana, Yogurt (Curd), should be avoided.
- Ginger is a great remedy but for dry piles and non-bleeding.
These are medicines and home remedies which can be very helpful in the management of hemorrhoids.