Cervical spondylitis is an age related degeneration of the bones and discs in the neck. It usually starts at the age of 30. In this actually person got wrinkles in his neck. Basically it is related with age. It is also known as cervical spondylsis and is derived from Greek words, cervical means neck and spondylo means vertebra. Vertebrae are the bones that join together to form the entire backbone. In cervical spondylitis patient usually feels pain in the neck.
CAUSES OF CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS
- Age factor is one of the cause for cervical spondylitis
- Any past injury in the neck
- Doing gymnastics, working for many hours on pc and some persons as their occupation is to lift heavy loads on their heads
- Travelling for long hours and during that sleeping in that position is one of the cause
- Much kind of postures that put stress on the neck that will leads to many changes.
- Smoking is one of the risk factors
- Last but not least genetic factor.
These are some of the causes of the cervical spondylitis. Now some symptoms of this disease.
SYMPTOMS OF CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS
Severe pain in the neck. This pain may spread to the base of the skull and to the shoulders and it becomes worse if one should do enough movement of the neck. This pain also comes down to hand and fingers. This all is caused by the irritation of the nerve which comes from the spinal cord and goes to the arm.
Patient will also feel neck stiffness particularly after a night sleep. Frequent headaches will also occur. It will strike at the back of the head and travel to the forehead.
Person may develop 'pins and needles' in part of an arm or hand. This symptom is caused by irritation of a spinal nerve as it leaves the bony (vertebral) area. However, do tell your doctor if loss of feeling or weakness develops in a part of a hand or arm. These symptoms suggest more pressure on a nerve. This is known as "cervical radiculopathy".
People will feel difficulty in walking and also lack of coordination in doing work.
As the drugs prescribed to get rid of the pain which is caused during cervical spondylitis do not cure the disease infact this can become a habit and make the condition more painful.
That's why we can say that patients with cervical spondylitis should go for natural treatments or he should opt some normal exercises which are equally safe and sound.
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS
- Do some gentle oil massage at the affected area and especially with the sesame oil.
- Do eat 2-3 raw garlic in the morning when your stomach is empty.
- Make a mixture of powdered ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities and take 1 tablespoon with water at night after the meal.
- Stay away from all kind of junk foods and opt for a very healthy and natural diet.
- Person should do some safe exercises like walking, swimming and bicycling. Some more exercises are there like folding and unfolding of fingers, moving your wrists up and down, neck exercises include moving neck up and down, moving to the sides. All these exercises should be done regularly.
HERBAL SUPPLEMETNS FOR CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS
CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS CARE PACK
Cervical Spondylitis Care Pack is comprised of Hakam Churna, Joint Aid Capsules and Yograj Guggul Tablets. All these herbal formulations works wonderfully to control the symptoms of cervical spondylitis, its side effects and various other physical and mental problems associated with cervical spondylitis.