Usually the reason for low platelet count is bone marrow depression or faulty bone marrow function. There are the following major reasons for low platelet counts -
1. Faulty production/ low production from bone marrow. The other cells like RBC's or WBC's may also be low in many cases. Bone marrow depression is caused by so many reasons like drugs, drug reactions, alcohol, cancers etc.
2. Body conditions where the platelet destruction is more than the production rate in the bone marrow.
3. Spleen Problems can also be the reason for low platelets.
4. Other systemic illnesses like Leukemias, AIDS, lymphomas and different types of cancers can also be the reasons for low platelet count.
LOW PLATELET COUNT TREATMENT - Thrombocytopenia treatment
Usually steroids like prednisolone and immunoglobulins are prescribed by modern medical practitioners.They are often given via Intravenous route.
Blood transfusions are often given to increase the platelet count
Alcohol should be avoided at all costs..
Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Platelet Count
Papaya leaf juice- An excellent herbal remedy for low platelet count. It should be taken every 2 hrs interval ( about 20 ml juice of papaya leaves) and this helps to increase platelets within 1 or 2 days. This is an effective herbal remedy for low platelet counts.
If the patient is a child - then I would prefer Arvindaasav instead of Pipplayasav and add Kumar Kalyan Ras in the package below.
Rajat Bhasma - 2.5 gm
Mukta Pishti - 2 gm
Abhrak Bhasma - 2.5 gm
Swarn Bhasma - 500 mg
Can add Heerak Bhasma ( if affordable) or Vaikrant Bhasma (In case of poor patient)- if the platelet counts are low because of Bone marrow disease or Leukemia
1. Indian pennywort leaf juice or Gotukola Capsules- Juice of the leaves of Centella asiatica and in Hindi it is called Mandukparni
2. Juice of leaves of Papaya - 2 tablespoonfuls twice daily ( This is the most effective treatment. Buy Capsules G Plat or Capsules UPLAT - Get from Mr. Ashwani - read below )
3. Juice of Beetroot - 1 tablespoonful thrice daily