In Hindu religion, cow is considered as the sacred animal and addressed as gow mata. Cow is symbol of divinity on this earth as it provides us life sustaining milk and take care of people health. Milk of cow possess the essence or exuberance of all plants. Cow ghee which is prepared from the cow milk possesses the medicinal value and offers the several health benefits. Lord Krishna, is often portrayed playing his flute amongst the cow and dancing gopis (milkmaids). Lord Krishna has also stated by other names Gopala and Govinda which means "a friend and protector of cows."
Ghee or Clarified Butter is an antediluvian product which has been used in India. It is extremely nutritious and has strong healing qualities. It is free from any kind of harmful fats that can lead to cardiac disorders. An interesting fact is that healthy bodies have the capability to produce their own form of Ghee but consuming a little extra ghee is very beneficial. It causes no adverse effects in lactose intolerant patients also.
Cow ghee is full of essential nutrients, fatty acids, anti- bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidants and anti-viral properties. It is cool in nature, tastes sweet and is full of saturated fats.
Health Benefits of Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- It improves digestion as it secretes enzymes which help in easy digestion.
- Improves voice
- It is an age old remedy for glowing skin
- Boosts Immunity
- Brain Tonic
- Enhances memory
- Treats insomnia
- Promotes cardiac activity
- Enhances metabolism
- Improves appetite
- Excellent for vision
- Cures thyroid dysfunction
- Lubricates joints
- Decreases bad cholesterol
- Heals burn wounds
- It is good for male sexual health. It improves the sperm count and also strengthens sexual power.
- It is good to build up stamina and energy in body.
- It helps to metabolize and break down of the fats from stubborn fat areas of the body.
- It helps to maintain the healthy and glowing skin.
- Medicinal value of cow ghee is good to cure the thyroid dysfunction.
- Taking the 1-2 teaspoon of ghee specifically helps in the reduction of stubborn belly fat. Whereas the increased intake of ghee may increase weight.
- It is good for healthy and strong hair. Massage of cow ghee on head improves the blood circulation resolves all the hair problems like dry hair, frizzy hair and hair fall.
- Head massage with cow ghee is good to provide relief in the stress and anxiety.
- It helps in moisturizing, soothing and nourishment of the body tissues.
- It helps to improve the digestion and helps to clean the stomach as the consumption of cow ghee helps in softening of stools.
- Use of cow ghee is quite effective to completely resolve problems like brain stroke, bleeding nose, sinus headaches and migraine problems. Add 2 drops of bit warm cow ghee in the nostrils for few days and see the miraculous results.
- It is packed with the healing properties. It is used to heal wounds, cracked lips and mouth ulcers.
Cow's ghee is an amazing product which works on pacifying aggravated doshas. The three doshas in the body are Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
According to Ayurveda cow's ghee not only escalates our capacity to digest food but also enhances absorption and assimilation. It increases the quality of Sattva (peace/contentment) in the mind and also directly nourishes Ojas (our immune system) as well as Prana (our lifeforce) and all of our Dhatus (tissues).