Has your blood pressure is monitored regularly especially when you have risk factors for high blood pressure. Elevated blood pressure may be the result of hormonal imbalances. Here we are talking about the Primary hyperaldosteronism / Conn's syndrome.
You can't take it Primary hyperaldosteronism / Conn's syndrome as it may lead to various complications
Primary aldosteronism may lead to high blood pressure and low potassium levels.
PROBLEMS WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Left ventricular hypertrophy - enlargement and thickening of walls of heart's main pumping chamber (left ventricle).
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
PROBLEMS WITH LOW POTASSIUM LEVELS
Few people with primary aldosteronism have low potassium levels (hypokalemia). Though mild hypokalemia may not cause any symptoms, but very low levels of potassium can result in -
- Muscle cramps
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Excess thirst or urination
WHAT IS PRIMARY HYPERALDOSTERONISM / CONN'S SYNDROME?
It is a type of hormonal disorder which leads to high blood pressure. Normally adrenal glands produce a number of essential hormones. One of them is aldosterone that balances sodium and potassium in blood. Where as in the primary aldosteronism, adrenal glands produce too much aldosterone resulting to lose potassium and retain sodium.
Too much aldosterone production by adrenal glands may be due to
- Non-malignant growth in an adrenal gland (aldosterone-producing adenoma)
- Hyper activity of both adrenal glands (idiopathic hyperaldosteronism)
Rarely, Primary aldosteronism may be caused by:
- A malignant (cancerous) growth of the outer layer (cortex) of the adrenal gland
- A uncommon type of primary aldosteronism called as glucocorticoid-remediable aldosteronism which runs in families and causes the high blood pressure in children and young adults
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Moderate to severe high blood pressure
- High blood pressure (resistant hypertension)
- High blood pressure with a low potassium level (hypokalemia)
- High blood pressure which starts at age 44 or younger
- Age is 45 or older
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Inactive lifestyle
- Tobacco use
- Too much alcohol intake
- Dietary imbalances like too much salt intake , inadequate potassium intake
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PRIMARY HYPERALDOSTERONISM / CONN'S SYNDROME
According to Ayurveda cause of Primary hyperaldosteronism is the imbalance of tri doshas – vata, pitta and kapha. Normally these tridoshas in the balances state represent the healthy state of human body. Vitiation in any of these result in diseased state of an individual. To treat the Primary hyperaldosteronism, Ayurvedic treatment emphasizes to balance the vitiated tridoshas. Herbs like Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala), Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom) etc. Herbs are quite good to lower down the elevated blood pressure level.
Ayurvedic treatment for Primary hyperaldosteronism / Conn's syndrome by Planet Ayurveda comprises the five herbal remedies. These herbal remedies are free from any color, chemicals, preservatives, starch, yeast etc.
- Arjun Tea
- Arjuna Capsules
- Brahmi Capsules
- Kachnar Guggul
- Navkarshik Churna
1. Arjun Tea
Arjuna tea is an amazing herbal remedy for the Primary hyperaldosteronism. This herbal tea is prepared by the combination of herbs which support the good health of cardiovascular system. These herbs are rich in antioxidants which help to maintain the healthy blood pressure, cholesterol levels in the body.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – This herb possess the cardiovascular properties which help to strengthen the heart muscles. It decreases the LDL cholesterol and increases the HDL cholesterol. Hence use of this herb is quite good in the heart problems and also acts well to manage the congestive heart failure.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – It has the great medicinal importance from ancient times to manage the heart problems. This herb is packed with the rejuvenating properties and supports the good heart health. It provides relaxation to heart muscles.
- Pipal tvak ( Ficus religiosa) – It is one more important herb in Ayurveda which helps to strengthen to heart muscles.
- Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala) - This herb helps to reduce the cholesterol levels and helps to strengthen the heart muscles.
- Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom) – It is amazing herb to lower down the blood pressure levels. It helps in the dilation of blood vessels and maintains proper blood supply throughout the body.
HOW TO USE –
- Put one cup of water and 1 cup of milk in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of arjuna tea and then stir the mixture.
- Boil the mixture and simmer it on low heat. Boil until it reduces to one cup.
- Strain the tea and add sweetener if needed (drink without sugar).
This herbal formulation is meant to manage the heart problems like blocked arteries, congestive heart failure, heart blockage etc.
To manage the heart problems this herb is famous since ages. Cardiovascular properties of this herb helps to strengthen the heart muscles and clear the hindrances in the arteries. It also helps to decrease the LDL cholesterol and increases the HDL cholesterol.
DOSAGE – 1-2 capsule two times daily with plain water.
Brahmi capsules are prepared from standardized extract of herb Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri). These capsules are an effective Ayurvedic treatment for Primary hyperaldosteronism /Conn's syndrome. This herb possess the soothing, rejuvenating and antioxidant properties. This herbs is quite good to improve the blood supply throughout the body and maintain the healthy blood pressure.
DOSAGE – 1-2 capsules two times a day, with plain water, after meals.
This herbal product is prepared by the combination of various herbs which work in an amazing way to treat the Primary hyperaldosteronism / Conn's syndrome.
- Kachnar bark (Bauhinia variegata)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Marich (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Varuna (Crataeva religiosa)
Herbs given above used in the formulation of kachnaar guggul help to balance the tridoshas – vata, pitta and kapha which is main cause of Primary hyperaldosteronism. It helps to improve the blood circulation and remove the toxins from blood.
DOSAGE – 1-2 tablets twice or thrice in a day with lukewarm water after meals.
Planet Ayurveda's Navkarshik churna is an effective Ayurvedic treatment for Primary hyperaldosteronism.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Baheda (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurroa)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
Herbs given above are good blood purifier and also help in the detoxification of the body. This herbal product is quite good to lower down the elevated blood pressure levels, cholesterol levels in body. It is good medicine to cope up with various problems like weakness, tiredness associated with this disease.
DOSAGE – 5 grams to 15 grams twice daily with lukewarm water.