Acute tubular necrosis is disorder of kidney, characterized by impairment in the tubule cells of the kidneys, which ultimately leads to acute kidney failure. It is a common diagnosis in acute renal failure. ATN is one of the most common reasons of kidney failure in hospitalized patients.
It may affect person of any age, but it more commonly develops in older individuals due to an augmented prevalence of associated medical conditions.
Both males and females are affected.
As per Ayurveda explanation this disease happens as a result of obstruction in tiny body channels named as srotas. The body channels are involved in this case, known as mutravaha srotas, carrying urine and are responsible for flow of liquid in and out of the kidneys. In case there is obstructions in the incoming srotas, the kidneys are deprived of fluids and shrinkage happens and on other way, if outgoing channels are jammed, swelling occurs.
CAUSES OF ACUTE TUBULAR NECROSIS
Acute tubular necrosis (ATN) usually happens due to lack of blood supply and oxygen to the kidney tissues (ischemia of the kidneys) or it could be result of damage to kidney cells caused due to poison or harmful substance.
A heart attack, stroke, and diabetes from long time could be the reason of reduction in blood flow to the kidneys bringing about cell death and ATN.
Some chemicals or medications like antibiotics or anesthetics, and radiology dyes may lead to ATN if your body reacts negatively to them.
The internal structures of the kidney, specifically the tissues of the kidney tubule, get injured or destroyed. ATN is one of the utmost common structural changes that lead to acute renal failure.
RISKS FACTORS FOR ATN INCLUDE
- Blood transfusion reaction
- Injury or trauma leading to muscles damage.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) lasting for more than 30 minutes
- Recent major surgery
- Severe infection leading to septic shock.
SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS
- There could be decrease in consciousness, coma, and delirium or cause confusion.
- Feeling of lethargic and drowsiness.
- Reduction in urine output or no urine output in severe situation.
- Fluid retention develops and cause swelling in the body.
- Intensity of thirst increases which may be associated with loss of appetite.
- General swelling, fluid retention
- Feeling of Nausea, vomiting also develops.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ACUTE TUBULAR NECROSIS
Revive Kidneys Pack
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna
Mutrkrichantak Churna is pure herbal preparation having amazing healing properties for kidney problems. It is formed by the combination of various useful herbs which makes it an effective Ayurvedic remedy for Acute Tubular Necrosis.
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala) - This herb possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic properties which makes it to provide useful effects in kidney and is supportive in renal function.
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) - It is an effective herb for kidney, as it has ability to remove the toxins from the kidneys, acting as a natural cleanser, supporting proper functioning of the kidneys in acute tubular necrosis
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestis) - Gokshur is potent herb for kidney, helpful in proper flow of urine and even efficient to improve the immune system of the body.
- Kaasni (Chicorium intybus) - This herb provides strength to the kidneys and improves its functions.
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri) - It is natural diuretic, helps to remove excess of fluid and hence reduces the inflammation and swellings in the body.
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbok) - It is also anti-inflammatory by nature removes the toxins from the body.
- Shigru (Morienga oleifera) - This herb is very helpful in reducing inflammation of the kidney and recovers the blood circulation in the kidney as well as act as the immune booster.
- Apamarg (Achranthyus aspera) - It has anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and diuretic properties which makes it an effective herb for kidney problem and also blood purifier.
DOSAGE: 1 tablespoon once daily, with plain water after meal.
2. Rencure Formula
Rencure formula is a natural product prepared using standardized extracts of herbs which work together, making this herbal capsules to retain the proper urine flow, and promotes the elimination of toxins out of the body, naturally and thereby supporting healthy functioning of kidneys. This makes it a useful herbal remedy for acute tubular necrosis of kidney.
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) - It is a natural diuretic in action.
- Varun (Crataeva nurvela) - Has ability to provide strength to the kidney.
- Goksur (Tribulus territis) - It anti-infective in nature.
- Pallash (Butea monosperma) - It is very helpful herb to maintain the proper functioning of kidneys.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus) - It possesses the properties that promote to increase red blood cells count.
DOSAGE: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
3. Varunadi Vati
Varunadti vati is an effective herbal remedy for healing the condition of acute tubular necrosis. It is formulated using different medicinal herbs which possess many medicinal activities to provide relief from its symptoms.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) - It is an effective natural way to remove the toxins out of the body and even acts as a diuretic, both of which helps in appropriate functioning of the kidney.
- Varuna (Crateva nurvela) - Having features helping in reduction of inflammation and maintain the urea and creatinine level.
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestis) - Anti-infective by nature.
- Shuddha guguul (Commiphora mukul) - This herb is very effective in regulating immune system of the body.
DOSAGE: 2 tablets thrice daily, with plain water after meals.
4. Punarnava Mandur
Punarnava mandur is an ayurvedic preparation from Planet Ayurveda that is formed by combining various medicinal herbs. All its herbs have useful properties providing great benefits in kidney problems, making it a competent tablet in acute tubular necrosis.
- Punarnava (Borrhevia diffusa)
- Shunti (Zingiber officanlis)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Marich (Piper nigrum)
- Amla (Emblica officanlis)
- Haritaki (Terminalis chebula)
- Chavya(Piper chaba)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Chitarak mool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Ferric oxide calx (Mandur Bhasm)
All ingredients used bring great relief from the symptoms of this disease help, because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties. It is effective in elimination of toxins out of the body and reduces fluid accumulation in the body and relieves the swelling condition of the body.
DOSAGE: 2 tablets thrice daily, plain water after meals.