Behcet's disease or Syndrome is a rarely occurring vascular disorder that causes blood vessel inflammation throughout the body. This chronic autoimmune condition which is characterized by a triple-symptom complex which includes formation of canker sores or ulcers in the mouth and on the genitals, and causes inflammation in parts of the eye. In certain cases this may lead to arthritis (swollen, painful, stiff joints), skin problems, and inflammation of the digestive tract, brain, and spinal cord.
Its manifestations are thought to be caused by vasculitis resulting in damage to blood vessels throughout the body.
Behcet's Disease is non-contagious, hence, do not spread from one person to another. Its symptoms can be different among sufferers and may go away on their own.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF BEHCET'S DISEASE?
The appropriate etiology of Behcet's disease is still elusive, but it is assumed that it may be an autoimmune disorder where immune system by mistake attacks the blood vessels. It is considered that viral, bacterial, genetic and environmental factors might be responsible for the development of Behcet's Syndrome.
- Usually men and women in 20s and 30s get affected but children and older adults can also develop this condition.
- People in Middle East and Far East, including Turkey, Iran, Japan and China, are more likely to develop Behcet's Disease.
- Occurrence of disease is more prevalent among men, though it affects women too.
- Certain genes might be linked with higher risk of developing Behcet's Syndrome.
According to Ayurveda Behcet's Disease is caused due the imbalance of Pitta dosha in the body.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
The leading symptoms of Behcet's disease comprise:
- Oral ulcers are the initial signs which are painful, shallow or deep, round or oval, might appear white or yellow, appearing on buccal mucosa, tongue, lips, gingiva, tonsils, uvula, palate or the pharynx.
- Genital ulcers are often slightly less than oral ulcers. In males, the ulcers generally appear on the scrotum and in females on vulva, the vagina, and the cervix.
- Inflammation in the eye – uveitis, having redness, pain and blurred vision in one or both eyes.
- Inflammation in blood vessels might happen causing redness, pain, and swelling in the arms or legs
- There can be swelling and pain in knee joints.
- Inflammation in the brain and nervous system might result which leads to headache, fever, disorientation, poor balance or stroke.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR BEHCET'S DISEASE
Herbal Remedies for Behcet's Disease
Navkarshik Churana is herbal production which is a combination of herbs that collectively act as potent Ayurvedic treatment for Behcet's Disease. Its anti-inflammatory properties provide quick relief, effectively from swollen and painful joints. It is also good in anti-oxidant properties because of which it acts as an efficient blood purifier, removing toxins out of the body and capable of boosting immunity.
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrroa)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
DOSAGE - 1 tablespoonful two times a day, with plain water, half an hour after meals.
Kaishore Guggul is pure herbal formulation of Planet Ayurveda which because of its effective properties is useful Ayurvedic Treatment for Behcet's Disease. It is made by amalgamation of excellent herbs, which make it an efficient Blood purifier. Its anti-inflammatory features help to lessen the inflammation and swelling, thereby relieving the symptoms of redness, pain and heating sensation due to inflammation. It is able to eliminate toxins out of the body.
- Guggulu resin (Commiphora mukul)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Pippali (Piper longum) fruit
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum) fruit
- Nishoth (Operculina turpethum) root
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum root)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) fruit
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica) fruit
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) fruit
DOSAGE - 2 Tablets, 2 to 3 times a day, with plain water, after meals.
Pitta Balance is an Ayurvedic preparation of Planet Ayurveda that is blended with amazing ingredients which help to bring relief from the symptoms of Behcet's Disease.
- Praval pishti (coral calcium) - It is a natural calcium compound that is very helpful to enhance immunity of the body, which further helps to fight against infections.
- Mukta pishti (pearl calcium) - This possesses that properties which provide relief from the discomfort of burning sensation
- Giloy satv (Tinospora cordifolia extract) - Giloy is an effective herb with detoxification activities and good booster of the immune system.
- Akik pishti (Agate calcium)
- Jahar mohra pishti (calcium compound)
- Kamdudha ras (calcium compound)
DOSAGE - 1 capsule two times a day, after meals, with plain water.
Boswellia curcumin Capsules is an effective combination of herbs that provide it properties of being an effective Ayurvedic treatment for Behcet's Disease. These herbal Capsules are potent enough to lessen the inflammation, tenderness, pain and swelling around or in the joints due to its anti-inflammatory effect and is a good immune supporter.
- Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) - Shallaki is efficient herb having anti-inflammatory components terpenoids called Boswellic acids, which help in reducing swelling, tenderness and pain very fast.
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa) - Curcumin possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. So it is used in management of various health complications.
Giloy Capsules are purely herbal and are prepared by herbal extract obtained from Tinospora cordifolia. These capsules are suitable immune-modulator, anti-pyretic, anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory and blood purifying agent.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) - This herb is very efficient against infectious. Giloy is anti-arthritic, anti-pyretic, digestive, anti-inflammatory, and tremendous blood purifier that helps to fight against the symptoms of this disease.
DOSAGE - 1-2 capsules, two times a day, with plain water, after meals.