Herpes, is an infection that is caused by virus which most often results in appearance of sores that pop up on and around the vulva, vagina, cervix, anus, penis, scrotum, butt, inner thighs, lips, mouth, throat, and rarely, eyes. Most common affected area are genitals or mouth.
TWO TYPES OF THE HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS
- HSV-1or oral herpes highly contagious infection causing cold sores and fever blisters around the mouth and on the face.
- HSV-2 responsible for outbreak of genital herpes.
- Herpes Zoster infection is painful blistering skin rash caused) due to the reactivation of the same herpes virus that causes chickenpox (varicella zoster virus).
CAUSES OF HERPES
The herpes simplex virus is a transmissible virus that can be passed from person to person through direct contact.
Children more prone to HSV-1 from an infected adult and then carry the virus with them for the rest of their life.
HSV present on the surface of the skin of an infected person can easily pass on to others through the moist skin lining the mouth, anus, and genitals as well as via human skin, as well as the eyes.
Infection Might Spread Through
- Unprotected vaginal or anal sex
- Getting into oral sex with a person who gets cold sores
- Sharing sex toys
- Genital contact with an infected person
Herpes Zoster (Shingles) infection happens after you suffered from chickenpox, the virus remains inactive in certain nerves in the body and Shingles appear after the virus gets active again in these nerves after many years.
Ayurvedic views this condition as a result of imbalanced three doshas in the body and the body surrenders to diseases.
SYMPTOMS OF HERPES
Mostly people infected with HSV that causes herpes never see or feel anything.
A Person May Experience:
- May feel tingling, itching, or burning for a day or so before the blisters appear.
- One or more painful, fluid-filled blisters may appear
- In Oral herpes blisters mostly appear on the lips or around the mouth.
- In Genital herpes sores usually occur on the penis, vagina, buttocks, or anus. In women sores can appear inside the vagina.
- In both case Oral herpes and Genital herpes sores can appear anywhere on the skin.
- Possibly flu-like symptoms as Fever, muscle aches, or swollen lymph nodes in the neck (oral herpes) or groin (genital herpes) may happen.
- In Genital herpes trouble urinating or feeling of burning can occur while urinating.
- Herpes keratitis- an eye infection which results in pain, light sensitivity, discharge, and a gritty feeling in the eye.
In shingles first symptoms are generally pain and burning and follows a red rash.
HERBAL REMEDIES OF HERPES
Herpes Care Pack
(HERPI CARE PACK)
1. Tab. Kachnaar Guggul
These herbal tablets that is a combination marvelous herbs that all together form it a suitable herbal remedy for Herpes Infection. It is anti-inflammatory in action and has healing effects in Herpes Symptoms.
- Kachnar (Bauhinia Variegata)
- Triphala [(Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)]
- Trikatu [Pippali (Piper longum), Marich (Piper nigrum) and Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)]
- Varun (Crataeva nurvala)
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Tejpatra (Eletteria cardamomum)
- Shudh Guggul (Commiphora wightii).
DOSE – 2 twice daily.
2. Cap. Phyllanthus Niruri
Phyllanthus niruri Capsules are purely herbal preparation that contain standardized herbal extract of the whole plant of Bhumi amla. These capsules has properties to improve immunity and is anti-inflammatory in action.
Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri): This herb is has anti-viral activity and is good blood purifier and thereby gives relief from skin heat, swelling and itching.
DOSE – 2 Capsules thrice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Neem Capsules
These herbal Capsules are formed of pure extracts of Neem. It is an effective and potent antioxidant which eliminates toxins and even a potent immunity enhancer. A suitable remedy for eye and ear infections. It manages the pain. All its property makes it a perfect herbal remedy for Herpes Infection.
Neem (Azadirachta indica): This herb is filled with medicinal properties like anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and healing activities that manages the symptoms of Herpes infection. It can liberate the muscle ache and pain in the affected areas and even heal sores. It also acts as anti-allergic, antipyretic, anti-septic, anti-biotic agent.
DOSE – Take 2 capsules twice daily or you can also open up Neem capsules, make a paste by mixing with 1 teaspoonful of water and apply the paste on blisters .
4. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin capsules a very good herbal formulation to manage the symptoms of herpes infection. It is capable to purify the blood and is antiseptic by nature. These capsules are formed by the use of pure extract of herb, Haridra. This a very good herbal remedy to manage the Herpes Infection.
Haridra (Curcuma longa): This herb contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which provide alleviate symptoms of cold sore associated with Herpes Infection. Haridra is also possess antimicrobial and antiviral properties so fight combat the infections and boost the immunity in the body.
DOSE – Take 2 Capsules twice daily after half an hour of meal with plain water.
5. Cap. Pitta Balance
Theses Herbal Capsules helps to regulate the Pitta in the body. It brings cooling effect and helps to restore a healthy skin. It naturally restore the calcium with natural calcium compounds like pearls and corals calcium.
- Coral Calcium (Praval Pishti)
- Agate Calcium (Akik Pishti)
- Ayurvedic Calcium compound (Jahar Mohra Pishti)
- Ayurvedic Calcium compound (Kamdudha Ras)
- Pearl Calcium (Mukta Pishti)
- Giloy Satva (Tinospora corifolia) stem extract
DOSE – 1 Capsules twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
6. Cap. Radiant Skin, Hair & Nails
These herbal Capsules are produced by the amalgamation of some amazing medicinal herbs that work coactively and nourishes the skin and maintains it's healthy. This herbal formulation keeps the skin healthy by managing the symptoms of Herpes Infection and this way comes out to be an ideal natural Herbal Remedy for Herpes.
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia): This herb comprises anti-inflammatory property by which it bring reduction in the inflammations in some skin disorders. It is also effective and potent blood purifier that eliminates the toxins from the body and manages the skin conditions.
- Pitt Papda (Fumaria officinalis): Herb with medicinal activities like antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, astringent and antioxidant which all makes it a suitable to treat symptoms of Herpes infection like lessen the rashes of skin and infections affecting eyes.
- Chiretta (Swertia chirata): Chiretta is herb that provides therapeutic effects in skin problems and is anti-oxidant that maintain the skin healthy. It even controls the fever.
- Ghrit Kumari (Aloe barbedensis): Ghrit Kumari is itself an Ayurveda medicine which is effective for skin conditions. It is a good source of vitamins C and E which retain the skin health and manages the inflammation and reduces the rashes without any side effects.
DOSE – 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water.
7. Jatyadi Oil
Jatayadi oil is such an herbal formulation that is effective and provide relief from the symptoms of Herpes.
- Chameli patra
- Neem patra
Til Oil - Its ingredient all together make it a very good herbal remedy for Herpes Infection.
DOSE – For Local Application.