Are you suffering from some kind of menstrual or pregnancy problems. Are you unable to give birth to a child? A proper functioning of reproductive system is an integral part of one's female life and these problems make a female suffer from many emotional problems. These abnormalities and ailments can be due to various reasons and diseases. One of the important reason is uterus scarring. This condition is famous with the name of asherman's syndrome. Many of us don't know about this term but it can be the very important factor behind some female reproductive problems like infertility.
So what is this asherman's syndrome?
This is known as a condition in which the walls of uterus start adhering to one another that is caused by uterine inflammation. Due to this adhesion, there is development of scar tissues in the uterus.
This adhesion damage can be of different types:
- It can affect the cervix
- Uterine lining
- Opening of fallopian tubes and
- The deep layers of uterus
- This scar tissue can be of thin or thick layers.
Why this tissue scarring happen?
This scarring of uterus tissue is generally caused by surgery or due to an infection.
The kinds of surgery that can create the problem of asherman's syndrome are:
1. Dilation and curettage: this is a procedure in which uterus lining gets scrapped out.
- This surgery is done under conditions like to do abortion, to treat abnormal vaginal bleeding, incomplete miscarriage and to detect the uterus cancer.
- This increases the chances of tissue scarring as the hormone progesterone suppresses the repair mechanism of endometrium wall, these tissue falls during menses. Due to abrupt mechanism tissue growth slowsdown and the power of its regeneration weakens.
2. Cesarean section: During this process, an incision is made inside the abdomen and uterus to take out the baby. This may cause the scarring of endometrium lining.
3. Fibroid tumors in the uterus
- First infection is pelvis infection that happen after a delivery, abortion or miscarriage.
- The infection of tuberculosis of pelvis.
- Pelvic irradiation for the treatment of pelvic cancer.
What problems you face after suffering from asherman's syndrome?
- Menstrual problems and irregularity like absence of menses (amenorrhea) or very light flow during the menses (hypomenorrhea).
- Pelvic pain, discomfort and cramps
This problem should be treated with in time as in serious cases, women unable to conceive naturally and they can't use the fertility treatments like IUI or IVF, due to extensive damage of uterus lining.
What tests can diagnose the condition of asherman's syndrome?
The pelvic examination can't recognize this problem. Tests that can diagnose this scar tissues are:
- Hysterosalpinogogram: a kind of X-ray of the uterine cavity.
- Hysteroscopy: to see inner uterus via camera that is inserted through the cervix.
- Transvaginal ultrasound examination: in his an ultrasound probe place inside the vagina to examine organs like uterus, ovaries and cervix.
To treat the problem of asherman's syndrome, natural, herbal ayurvedic methodology is very helpful, in means of recovery, proper positive cure without side effects.
To know how and what kinds of herbal ingredients show effect on asherman's syndrome, we have some knowledge about the treatment mode, Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of healing the ailments in India. This healing system compiles all the factors of the life i.e. physical, mental and spiritual. Ayurveda try to heal the problem by stabilizing all these factors. The word Ayurveda took from Sanskrit which itself reflects the science of life. The word ayur means life and Veda means science.
This medicinal process is based on three natural constituents or Doshas that hold all the elements of life and control the every single process and movement of the body.
These doshas are :
- Vata: it consists air and space element. This is known to control the circulation, respiration, nervous and elimination processes.
- Kapha: it consists water and earth elements. This is known to control the growth and immune system of the body.
- Pitta: it is known to consist of fire and water elements. This helps to maintain the metabolism process.
What is the ayurvedic view point of asherman's syndrome?
This syndrome happens due to disturbance in all kinds of doshas.
The most influencing is vata sub type that is apana vata, which is helpful to remove waste and unwanted materials out of the body. Its destruction is due to many reasons but the main one is ama, a kind of toxin produced from undigested foods. This ama can be associated with both pitta or kapha doshas and blocks the apana's preferred course. Disturbed vata can cause the pains during menses, pitta involves to cause inflammation. As condition goes on, more inflammation is there that causes scars and then adhesions, which leads to asherman's syndrome.
There is herbal treatment in the nature which can heal the problem of uterine tissue scarring or can say asherman's syndrome.
Planet Ayurveda represents the herbal formulations that can treat the problem of asherman's syndrome
Asherman's syndrome involves following herbal formulations:
This is an herbal formulation that is made up of various effective herbs. These herbs known to balance the vitiated vata and pitta doshas. So it is very helpful to control inflammation and cramps problems.
This is known to contain shatavari, lodhra and ashoka.
- Ashoka is known to treat the menses pains, irregular menses and problem of endometrium.
- Shatavari is known to show effects upon hormonal imbalance and uterus weakness.
- Lodhra is known to control the problem of leucorrhoea and pain during menses.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day, after meals, with plain water.
Shatavari is a herb that has rejuvenative and anti-oxidant properties that help to maintain the menses problems like amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea. This helps to treat the problem of hot flushes, enhances estrogen production and increases the fertility chances.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules two times a day with meals.
This herbal formulation is very helpful to maintain the proper reproductive system of females. This is known to contain herbs like amalaki, shilajit, sharkara, shunthi, pippali, haridra, karpoor, vacha, maricha, guduchi, chavya, danti, tejpatta, dalchini, sodium and potassium carbonate, guduchi, mustak, Guggul, ela, black salt, saindhav lavan and sodium sulphate.
These herbs together help to treat the back pain, irregular menses and weakness problem in the females.
Dosage: 2 to 3 tablets two times a day with water, after meals.
This churna is very effective to maintain the menstrual irregularities. This consists herbs like lodhra, ashok, Arjuna and udumbur.
Dosage: 1- 2 teaspoon two times a day with water, juice or ice tea, after meals.
Except these formulations, there are two more herbal formulations in Planet Ayurveda that helps to maintain the asherman's syndrome along with these four formulations. These are:
this herbal formulation is a combination of several herbs like kachnaar, guggulu, ginger, varuna and amalaki etc. this is helpful to treat the problems of ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids.
Dosage: 2 to 4 tablets two times a day after meals.
This is helpful to treat inflammation and hormonal imbalance. This tends to control excessive aggravate pitta condition. This is known to consist of herbs like haritaki, guggulu, vidanga, ginger and many more.
Dosage: 2 -3 tablets two times a day after meals.