Bone marrow is a soft spongy fatty tissue located inside the hollow shafts of bones where fibrous tissue forms a sponge-like network that supports "primitive" cells called hematopoietic stem cells. Stem cells can be used by the body to produce any type of blood cells. Stem cells in the marrow differentiate and mature to become one of five different types of white blood cell, or a red blood. Fat tissue is one part of bone marrow, and some bones have more fat in the marrow than others. In long bones, the bone marrow is made up mainly of fat cells. Smaller bones have much less fat tissue.
The sites of bone marrow includes the sternum (middle of the chest), pelvis (hip bone), and femur (thigh bone).
With a broken bone, fat tissue from the bone marrow can leaks into blood be carried by the bloodstream throughout the body. In many cases, this doesn't cause any problems. But in some states, may lead to a condition known as fat embolism syndrome (FES).
But Ayurvedic Remedies for Bone Marrow Leakage is available in Planet Ayurveda.
What can be the Reasons of Bone Marrow Leakage?
The reasons for Bone Marrow leakage could be:
- Broken Bones
- Trauma linked to total joint replacement of the hip and knee
- Procedures that affect the central section of long bones that contain bone marrow (intramedullary canal), like cases of bone grafting procedures and some types of leg-length correction operations.
What can be the resulting Symptoms of Bone Marrow Leakage?
- Fat escaped from bone marrow enters the blood stream
- Reaching lungs can cause damage of Lung function due to FES may lead to conditions like hypoxia (enough oxygen is not available to the tissues in the body can results in a rash of tiny round spots that appear on the skin due to bleeding under the skin (petechial rash)
- In Severe cases, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), a sudden failure of the respiratory system may happen.
- On reaching Brain results in symptoms indicating complications with the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) from FES may range from drowsiness to seizures to coma.
- Low Platelets
Ayurvedic Remedies for Bone Marrow Leakage
These ayurvedic preparations maintain strength of bones and are mainly preventive measures for bone marrow leakage
1. Lakshadi Guggul:
Lakshadi Guggul are wonderful herbal tablets that are very beneficial for fractured bones, strains and sprains in muscles, tendons. These tablets accelerate the healing of ruptured muscle, sprain in ligament and an effective remedy for osteoarthritis, low bone density.
Lakshadi Guggul specially provides healing effects in case of broken bones, fractures, and osteophytes removal as well improve calcium deposition on bones. Along with calcium supplements, it helps in deposition of calcium at the right place.
- Laksha (Laccifer lacca): Laksha is the gum obtained from Ficus religiosa that is good healer of broken bones as it helps in binding of the broken and empty bones by deposition of calcium and filling them with calcium.
- Asthisamhari (Cissus quadrangularis): This is another beneficial herb that is useful in strengthening the bones.
- Arjun (Terminalia arjuna): This amazing herb is rich in calcium. It is beneficial in wound healing if used along with various herbal preparations.
- Naagbala (Grewia populifolia): Other great herb used to strengthen the bones and maintain the stamina.
- Purified Guggul (Commiphora mukul): This is a fabulous Ayurvedic Medicine, used to reduce the inflammation and pain in bones.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha is a good medicinal herb that provides relief from weakness, fatigue and boosts immunity, strengthens bones and muscles. It is quick in healing of fractured bones, improves the deposition of calcium on the bones, and gives them strength and natural steroid Withanolides and Withaferins” which are responsible factors for increasing bone and muscle strength, So Lakshadi Guggul is an enriched Ayurvedic Remedy of Bone Marrow Leakage.
Dose: 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meals
Bone support capsules are Ayurvedic preparation having natural calcium obtained from the natural, sources of calcium. These stimulate increased absorption of calcium from the blood into the body. Regular use of this capsule helps in calcium absorption in the body by the hormonal control.
It is a beneficial supplement in reducing pain and strengthening bones by increasing the bone density and also heal fractures very quickly. All these properties of it makes it useful Ayurvedic Remedy of Bone Marrow Leakage.
Each capsule consists of standardized extract of herbs:
- Shudh Laksha (Laccifera lacca): This herb acts as anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory, liver tonic, lipid lowering natural agent. This herbal extract helps to make the muscles strong and deposit calcium in the bones and provides strength.
- Asthishrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis): Useful in weak bones and fractures.
- Sahijan (Moringa oleifera): Found to be useful in various disorders like arthritis and joint pain
- Arjun (Terminalia arjuna): As Ayurveda says, Arjuna has brilliant properties that help to relieve pains in joint and strengthen the bones as well.
- Praval pishti (Corallium rubrum): This natural compound is beneficial in the bone and joint related disorders.
- Mukta: It is a pearl calcium compound which is best natural calcium source.
Dose: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water
Ashwagandha capsules are herbal supplements useful in various conditions without any harmful side effects. Regular intake of Ashwagandha capsules strengthens bones. It is obtained from standardized extracts of pure herb Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These capsules are found to be an efficient Ayurvedic Remedy of Bone Marrow Leakage.
Dose: 1 - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals
Curcumin Capsules are purely natural preparation of Planet Ayurveda's which use the pure extract of Curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin capsule is a very multipurpose herbal supplement with rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory properties and is very helpful in treating osteoarthritis. Also good internal wounds healer and it can also detoxify the blood and also used as antiseptic. Effective Ayurvedic Remedy of Bone Marrow Leakage.
Herb used is:
Curcumin (Curcuma longa): Curcumin is commonly used herb filled with medicinal properties that is good for the overall health of the body. It supports healthy joints and maintain the health of muscles too. Curcumin is main active ingredient of Turmeric that is potent anti - inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
Dose: 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.