You have heard about the various viral, bacteria or fungal diseases. Tinea Capitis is one of the common fungal infection which is more common in children and it is characterized by alopecia, brittle hair, kerions or itching. There are numerous herbs present in nature which are helpful in treatment of Tinea Capitis such as Neem, Haritaki, Amlaki, Manjistha etc. here we will discuss about common causes, symptoms associated with Tinea Capitis and its treatment in Ayurveda.
What is Tinea capitis?
It is also called Ringworm of Scalp. It is an infectious disease of skin. It is a fungal infection that affects scalp of person. It is mainly caused by two genera – Microsporum and Trichophyton. It can be transmitted easily from one person to another through shared objects such as combs, towels or pillows or by person to animal contact like dog or cat. It may affect any age or person but it is more common in children.
What are the causes?
It is a fungal infection which is caused by fungi called dermatophytes. Fungi are microorganisms that are present on dead tissue such as finger nails, hair and outer layer of skin.
It can be easily spread from one person to another or using objects like combs, pillows or bedding that have been used by infected person.
The other reason may be due to animal contact such as house pets, dogs, cats. These are also a carrier of ringworm infection.
What are the symptoms?
The common symptom is alopecia (loss of hairs). It is the most common cause of alopecia in children.
The other symptoms may include:
- Brittle hair
- Pain in the scalp
- Swelling of lymph nodes (glands that help the body to fight off infection).
- Due to hair fall, small black dots are appeared.
- Kerions (pus filled sores)
- Itching, redness or inflammation may occur.
- Low grade fever.
How is diagnosis confirmed?
There are different methods to diagnose the Tinea Capitis which are given below:
- The doctor may diagnose Tinea Capitis on the basis of visual examination.
- The doctor may use a special light called Wood’s lamp to lighten your scalp and review signs of infection.
- A sample of skin or hair may also take to confirm the diagnosis. It helps to determine the presence of fungi.
As per Ayurveda, this problem is regarded as Dadru. According to Ayurveda it is due to the vitiation of vata and kapha doshas. These doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of ama (toxins). These toxins affect the deeper tissues of the skin like Rasa (plasma), Rakta (blood), mansa (muscles) and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause infection of deeper tissues and aggravation of kapha and vata doshas lead to ringworm of scalp. The third dosha, pitta which represents heat or fire in body is also involved. Hence it is a tridoshaj disease, in which the primary cause is vata and kapha doshas.
Herbal Treatment for Tinea Capitis
Ayurveda is an ancient science of life which provides natural treatment for the management of different diseased conditions. Ayurveda mainly uses natural herbs or herbal supplements for the treatment which are safe for use.
Ayurveda mainly focuses on the balance of all doshas which are responsible for any health complications.
Planet Ayurveda's Medicines for Tinea Capitis
Planet Ayurveda is herbal manufacturing company which offers 100% natural and herbal supplements for different diseases. It mainly focuses on the main cause eradication and also management of symptoms of disease. All products offered by Planet Ayurveda are purely herbal and free from additives, chemicals, and preservatives which are safe to use.
We provides different herbal medicines for Tinea Capitis such as Gandhak Rasayan, Neem Capsules, Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula, Navkarshik Churna and Arogyavardhini Vati which are explained below:
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR TINEA CAPITIS
It is 100% natural product offered by Planet Ayurveda which is obtained from neem (Azadirachta indica) that belongs to family Meliaceae
- It helps to maintain healthy skin.
- It possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is effective in various skin diseases like eczema, acne or psoriasis, fungal infections.
- It is helpful in balancing vata dosha.
Dose: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
These are natural herbal tablets offered by Planet Ayurveda which are made from Shuddh Gandhak (Purified Sulphur). The word Rasayan means rejuvenation. It has natural property to rejuvenate the body without any side effects. It helps to remove toxins from body and maintains healthy skin.
Dose: 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
These are pure herbal tablets which are helpful in balance of all three doshas. The word Arogya means "good health" and Vardhini means "improve". As the name suggests that it is helpful in improving overall health. It is mixture of different herbs which are listed below:
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Shuddh Shilajit (Asphaltum (purified)
- Shuddh guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
- Chitrak Mool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Kutki (Picorrhiza kurroa)
Benefits - It has anti-oxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and immune modulator properties. It is also beneficial against various infectious disease.
Dose - 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
It is a herbal powder formulation obtained from the blend of different natural herbs which are listed below:
The main ingredients of Navkarshik Churna:
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Katuki (Picorrhiza kurrao)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Daru haldi (Berberis aristata)
Benefits - The herbs used in this formulation have various therapeutic properties like anti-bacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and astringent action. It has property to remove toxins from blood and purify the blood. It helps to maintain overall health and healthy skin.
Dosage - 1 teaspoonful twice daily, after meals, with plain water.
It is one of the best formulation offered by Planet Ayurveda for good skin and hair which is made from different natural herbs. these herbs are listed below:
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Pit papda (Fumaria officinalis)
- Chirata (Swertia chiretta)
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis).
Benefits - It is good supplement for healthy skin and hair. It is useful in various skin diseases. It helps to repair skin cells and regeneration of new cells. It also acts as blood purifier.
Dose - 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
Diet and Lifestyle
It is very common and contagious infection that occurs in children. Along with the natural treatment one can also prevent this disease. This can be prevented by following some simple tips in your life:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be taken.
- Avoid citrus food, fried food, fast food.
- Non veg should be avoided.
- Avoid contact with animals which are infected with this disease.
- Avoid sharing of personal things like combs, towels, hairbrushes with others.
- Maintain hygienic conditions.
- Avoid contact with dust and allergens.