Skin diseases can bring tears in your eyes because healthy skin is the reflection of overall wellness. Skin is an intermediate barrier between the internal tissues and environment. It protects us from the several chemicals, microorganisms and various toxic substances from entering inside our body. Psoriasis is also a skin disease which results due to overgrowth of skin cells and appearance of red patches, dry skin and cracked skin. Research studies related to psoriasis have shown that males have high incidence of this disease as compared to females. It has been found that prevalence of psoriasis is 2.8% in India. In USA prevalence of psoriasis has been estimated around 4.6% where as in Canada it is 4.7%.
Psoriasis Ayurvedic treatment comprises use of herbs for the treatment of psoriasis. These are the herbs- Neem (Azadirachta indica), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis) and Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia) which help in blood purification, healing of tissues, removal of toxins and maintain the good immunity. All these qualities of herbs are quite effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin disease in which changes occur in the life cycle of skin cells. In this condition there is rapid building up of cells on the surface of skin. These extra skin cells develop the dry, thick, silvery scales, dry and red patches which are painful sometimes.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS
- Red patches on skin covered with silvery scales.
- Small scaling spots are seen in the case of children.
- Bleeding in the dry and cracked skin.
- Burning, soreness and itching in the skin.
- Ridged, pitted and thickened nails.
- Swelling and stiffness in joints.
LET'S SEE THE CAUSE OF PSORIASIS
Major cause of psoriasis is rapid production of the skin cells by immune system. In our body there is type of white blood cells called as T lymphocytes which normally detect and fight against the foreign agents like bacteria or viruses. Whereas in the case of psoriasis, T cells attack healthy skin cells by mistake as like wound healing or fight against an infection. So it leads to the excessive growth of skin cells.
OTHER CAUSES THAT MAY TRIGGER PSORIASIS
- Streptococcus throat and skin infections.
- Cold weather may also be the cause of Psoriasis.
- Alcohol consumption
- Certain medications like lithium which is used for bipolar disorder, antimalarial drugs and medicines for high blood pressure.
CAUSE OF PSORIASIS IN AYURVEDA
In Ayurveda, there are three energies – vata, pitta and kapha which are important to maintain a healthy body. Imbalance of any these energies result in various health complications. Psoriasis is mainly due to imbalance of vata and kapha doshas. Due to imbalance of vata and kapha there is production of toxins, these toxins get accumulated in the deep tissues like rakta (blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), mansa (muscles) and lasika (lymphatic).
PSORIASIS TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda offers the Psoriasis care pack to manage the psoriasis problem. This herbal pack contains the six herbal products which are discussed in detail below:-
1. Neem Capsules
Psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda has the neem capsules. These capsules are prepared from the pure extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica). Neem has great medicinal importance from ancient times to resolve various skin ailments.
- It helps in blood purification.
- It helps to maintain the good immunity.
- It acts as detoxifier and antiseptic.
Dosage – One capsules two times in a day with plain water after meals.
2. Navkarshik Churna
Navkarshik churna is the wonderful blend of various herbs which are quite beneficial for the treatment of psoriasis.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao)
- Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
Benefits – Psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda helps to provide relief in the symptoms associated with the problem like patches, rashes and cracked skin . Navkarshik churna consists various herbs which have blood purification properties and help to clear the red patches and rashes in the psoriasis.
Dosage – One teaspoonful, twice a day after meals with plain water.
3. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore guggul is the combination of 11 herbs which are quite beneficial to provide the relief in the problem of psoriasis. This herbal formulation is available in the form of tablets.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis),
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica),
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula),
- Guggul (Commniphora mukul),
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia),
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale),
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum),
- Long pepper (Piper longum),
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes),
- Red Physic nut (Baliospermum montanum)
- Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum).
Benefits – This herbal product is safe and effective for the psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda. It helps to provide relief in the symptoms associated with psoriasis like the dry, thick, silvery scales and red patches. Herbs used in the formulation of Kaishore guggul, help in blood purification, removal of toxins from body and maintain a healthy skin.
Dosage – 2 tablets, two times in a day with plain water.
4. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Capsules
Ayurvedic treatment for the psoriasis by the Planet Ayurveda offers the radiant skin hair nails capsules which are quite beneficial and many patients are benefitted with this herbal product.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis)
- Chirayta (Swetia chiretta)
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
Benefits – This herbal product is the combination of various herbs which help to remove the toxins from body and help to maintain a healthy skin. Thus radiant skin hair nails capsules are good for the treatment of psoriasis.
Dosage – One capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
5. Green Tea Algae Aloe Vera Gel Scrub
This herbal product is used as bathing soap. Green tea algae aloe vera gel scrub provides the relief in the skin problem which occurs in the psoriasis. It helps to removes the impurities for skin and makes skin healthy and clear. This product is prepared by the combination of various herbs which is given below-
- Giloy (Tinopsora cordifolia)
- Gulab (Rose centifolia)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Mulethi ( Glycirrhiza glaabra)
Benefits – Green tea algae aloe vera gel scrub is a complete natural product for the external use and free from any side effects. This herbal product is helpful to manage the problem of psoriasis.
How to Use – Massage gently on affected part while bathing.
6. Radiant Skin Lotion
This herbal product is good for the local use in the psoriasis. It is completely safe product and free from any side effects.
How to Use – Massage gently on affected areas.