No one can enjoy and maintain good health in a state of obesity. The obese person does not look good, heavy and flabby body that leads to sluggishness, heaviness in breathing and lethargy. It also makes person inactive and puts serious effect on various organs of body.
What is Obesity
Obesity means overweight. It is the condition in which the excessive fat is deposited in the body. Nowadays obesity is very common problem that affects every generation like from children to senior citizens. The main factors that increase the risk of obesity include change in lifestyle, eating habits, lack of physical activity. A person can balance the body weight and develop personality by following different natural ways to lose weight. Sometime persons use medicines for weight loss that may put negative impact on their body. But Ayurveda provides natural treatment for obesity that has no side effects. Here we will discuss the risk factors of obesity and natural treatment for obesity.
Obesity means accumulation of too much fat in the body. It is a condition in which body's calorie intake is increased as compared to calorie burnt that leads to excess storage of calories in the form of fat in the body. It increases the risk of many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, kidney and heart problems.
Risk Factors for Obesity
Obesity occurs due to imbalance between calories consumed and calories burnt. When people consume more calories than body needs, it increase the body weight. There are number of factors which may increase the risk of obesity which are given below:
- Lack of physical activity
- Overeating or Intake of excess food
- Family lifestyle
- Health complications
Symptoms Associated with Obesity
The most common signs and symptoms of obesity are given below:
- Pain in the joints and back
- Excessive sweating
Complications Associated with Obesity
Obesity is the major problem, if it is not treated with time it may results in severe complications or many diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, joint pain, kidney problems, liver problems, heart problems.
Obesity is known as Sthaulya Or Meda rog in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, there are three main energies in the body- vata, pitta and kapha which are responsible for good health. Imbalance of any three energies results in any health complications. The main cause of obesity as per Ayurveda is aggravation of kapha. Kapha is one of the doshas in the body which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It is responsible for structure and lubrication of all body parts. Apart from this, it is responsible for controlling weight and formation of main dhatus like rasa (lymph), Mansa (muscles), Meda (fat), Majja (nervous system) and Shukra (reproductive system). In obesity, meda is excessively nourished. When kapha is balanced, it provides nutrition to the different tissues. When kapha is imbalanced, toxins are produced in the body. These toxins get accumulated in the weaker part of body and cause blockage. In obesity, these toxins gets accumulated in the Medovahi Srotas (fat passage) that leads to increase in the production of medha dahtus (fat tissues) which directly increases the body weight.
Natural Treatment for Weight Loss
Obesity is one of the biggest problem that affects everyone from children to senior citizens. It can be managed with the natural ways like herbal medicines, exercise and diet. Ayurveda provides natural treatment for many problems like obesity without any side effects. As per Ayurveda, treatment starts with balance of all three doshas in body- vata, pitta and kapha which is the main cause of many disease. It can be done with the help of diet, herbal medicines that help to pacify the aggravated doshas. It mainly focuses on the cleansing of medovahi channels that helps to reduce the weight. There are numerous herbs present in nature that helps to lose weight in natural way such as garcinia, myrobalans, mustak etc.
Natural Treatment for Obesity by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides natural supplements for weight loss which are purely herbal in nature. There are different herbal formulations offered by Planet Ayurveda which is obtained from pure herbs.
Herbs in combination give best results. These products are present in the form of pack named Thinner You Pack.
This pack contains:
- Trim Support capsules
- Garcinia capsules
- Guggul capsules
- Stholyantaka churna
THINNER YOU PACK
These products are explained in detail below:
1. Trim Supoort
This is effective herbal product of Planet Ayurveda for natural weight loss. People who are suffering from obesity, these capsules help a lot. It helps to burn the extra body fat. It helps to increase the fat metabolism and it helps to reduce the weight in a natural and healthy way. These capsules are obtained from the combination of various herbs which are discussed below:
- Vrikshamla (Garcinia cambogia) - It is found in the western regions of India. It is used in obesity from ancient time. It helps to control the appetite and prevents obesity. It also controls the fat deposition in the body tissues. So it helps to reduce the weight.
- Mustak (Cyperus rotundus) - It is one of the best herb for the digestive complications. It helps to reduce the fat deposition in the body tissues.
- Myrobalans or Triphala - It contains blends of dried fruits of Terminalia chebula (haritaki), Terminalia belerica (baheda) and Emblica officinalis (amla) in equal proportions. It is good natural remedy for metabolism, digestion and absorption. It also increases the fat metabolism of body.
Dosage - One tablet two times in a day with plain water after half an hour of meals.
2. Garcinia Capsules
Garcinia capsules is one of the wonderful natural remedy for obesity. These capsules are prepared from the pure extract of natural herb Garcinia cambogia. It is commonly known as gamboge. These capsules are 100% pure and free from any side effects. These capsules are helpful to maintain the healthy metabolism of body. It is fat burning agent and it also has anti-oxidant property.
Dosage - Two capsules, two times in a day with plain water after half an hour of meals.
3. Guggul Capsules
It is another wonderful herbal formulation of Planet Ayurveda for obesity. These capsules are prepared from the pure extracts of herb Commiphora mukul. This herbal product is beneficial to reduce the body weight in men and women both. It is best remedy for weight loss.
Dosage - One capsule, two times in a day with plain water after half an hour of meals.
4. Stholyantaka Churna
It is herbal powder formulation of Planet Ayurveda which is prepared from blend of different herbs which are given below:
Main ingredients of Stholyantak Churna:
- Mustak (Cyprus rotundus) - It is one of the best herb used in various digestive disorders. It also helps to reduce deposited fat in the body.
- Babool (Acacia Arabica) - It is very useful in treating various problems like cancers, liver problems, obesity. It helps to relieve obesity by suppressing appetite.
- Ashok (Saraca indica) - It helps to pacifying kapha doshas in the body which is the main cause of obesity.
- Tripahala (Myrobalans) - It is blend of dried fruits of haritaki(Terminalia chebula), baheda(Terminalia belerica) and amla(Emblica officinalis) in equal proportions. It is good natural remedy for metabolism, digestion and absorption and it also helps to increase the fat metabolism of body.
- Jamun (Syzigium cumini) - It is effective in treatment of obesity by controlling hunger.
- Vidang (Embelia ribes) - It is wonderful herb to treat obesity and removes excess fat and controls formation of new fat in the body. It helps to make body slim.
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) - It is useful in various digestive disorders like indigestion, loss of appetite, liver problems, worms, colitis.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) - It increases the metabolic rate of body that helps to burn the excess calories in body and removes extra fat from the body. So it is useful in obesity.
Benefits - These herbs have great medicinal properties. It is effective for the treatment of obesity. It helps to balance the three energies - vata, pitta and kapha in the body. It helps to enhance the fat metabolism and thus helps in the reduction of body weight. It reduces the fat deposition in the body by increasing the metabolism rate.
Dosage - 1 teaspoonful, two times in a day with plain water after meals. Decoction can also be prepared by mixing 1 teaspoonful of powder in glass of water and boiling is done until it get reduced to ¼ quantity.
Diet & Lifestyle
Obesity can be managed with the help of herbal medicines and diet. One can manage their weight with the help of some changes in daily routine which are given below:
- By eating many fruits and vegetables in place of fast food and junk food, people could avoid obesity.
- Take diet rich in antioxidants.
- Avoid intake of oily and fried foods, fatty foods like cheese, butter, cream, chocolate, cream etc.
- Increase intake of water.
- Increase physical activity like exercise, yoga, walking.