Slipped Disc is also called herniated disc. There is a significant difference between Bulged Disc and Slipped Disc. Bulging disc means that there is no tear or rupture is present in the outer layer of the disc. Where as in the case of Slipped Disc, tear or rupture is there. This condition occurs due to the leakage of gel like nucleus pulposus from disc into spinal cord. In severe cases, surgery is require to repair or remove Slipped Disc.
What Are Causes Of Bulged Disc / Slipped Disc?
- Aging is major cause of disk degeneration. With age, there is a gradual decrease in water content of spinal disk. This makes less flexibility and there is tearing and rupturing with a minor twist or strain.
- Problem can occur due to fall, injury and accident.
- While lifting heavy objects without using the thigh muscles and leg muscles. Use of back muscles in lifting objects causes the herniated disc.
MAJOR SYMPTOMS OF BULGED DISC / SLIPPED DISC
- Neck pain and back pain when lasts more than a few days associated with abdominal or chest pain and fever.
- Severe pain in shoulders and arms .One can feel the intense pain in lower body parts that are buttocks, thigh, calf and foot.
- Symptoms can include muscles weakness, numbness, travelling pain and tingling due to root irritation.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE BULGED DISC / SLIPPED DISC?
- X ray is the technique which is used to detect the bone abnormalities and do not give a view of nerves and spinal cord.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is used to diagnose the severe nerve damage.
- Myelogram is the diagnostic technique which involves the injection of contrast dye into spinal cord.
- CT (computerized tomography) is technique which gives images and structure of spinal column.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF BULGED DISC / SLIPPED DISC ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
In Ayurveda Slipped Disc is called as sandhivislesham or asthi chyudi. When there is an intense back pain, that condition is called as kadeegraham. Healing and strengthening of affected area can completely repair the spine area. Disc degeneration can occur from wear and tear due to constant sitting, fall, injury, accident and lifting heavy weights.
TREATMENT PROVIDED BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR BULGED DISC / SLIPPED DISC
Planet Ayurveda is herbal manufacturing company and works for human welfare. All the products made by this company are prepared from pure herbs so these products provide the health benefits without any side effects.
1. Boswellia curcumin
This product is the mixture of shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and curcumin (curcuma longa).
Benefits Of Boswellia Curcumin Are Listed Below:
- Shallaki - It contains various phytochemicals that are triterpenes, diterpenes, tetracyclic triterpenic which have anti-inflammatory properties. Herb extract is prepared in powder form .This herb is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, cervical spondylosis and osteoarthritis.
- Curcuma longa - It contains a chemical compound known as curcumin which is a polyphenol. This compound has anti inflammatory property. It is useful in nerve pain, psoriasis and osteoarthritis.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice in a day with lukewarm water
2. Yograj Guggul
It offers the various health benefits because it has anti-inflammatory, stimulant, anti-tumor and anti bacterial properties. This herbal medicine is effective in the severe pain of inter-vertebral joints, joints and ligaments.
- Commiphora mukul
- Cyperus rotundus
- Plumbago zeylanica
- Emblica officinalis
- Terminalia bellirica
- Terminalia chebula
- Piper longum
- Carum copticum
- Embelia ribes
- Tribulus terrestris
- Cuminum cyminum
- Rock salts.
Dosage: 2 tablet twice in a day with lukewarm water
3. Hakam churna
Main ingredients of this product are Lepidium sativum (chandershoor), Nigella sativaa (kalonji), Trigonella foenum graecum (methi) and Trahyspermum ammi (Ajwain).
Benefits - This herbal medicine is also called as Tridoshic Rasayan. This herbal formulation of planet ayurveda is quite effective in the treatment of painful inflammation, back pains and joint pains and rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice in a day with lukewarm water
4. Aamvatantak churna
Aamvatantak churan is mixture of various herbs which contain the various phytochemical compounds triterpenes,diterpenes, tetracyclic triterpenic which have anti-inflammatory properties that provide relief from joint pains and swelling.
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha)
- Curcuma longa (Haridra)
- Trigonella foenum gracecum (Methi)
- Colchicum autumnale (Surnajan)
- Sphaeranthus indicus (Gorakhmundi)
- Zingiber Officianle (Sonth)
Dosage: 1 tsp twice in a day with lukewarm water
PRECAUTIONS FOR BULGED DISC / SLIPPED DISC
- Sitting - Your seat should be comfortable and short breaks must be taken after prolonged sitting.
- Posture - Good posture is impotent
- Stop uplifting heavy weights.
- Mattresses should be comfortable and support your spinal's curves.