Nowadays most women suffers from Gynecological disorders. These problems may be leucorrhea, irregular menstrual cycles, cysts of ovary etc. These may occur due to many reasons like lifestyle, eating habits or any kind of emotional stress. In this article we will discuss common causes, symptoms and Ayurvedic treatment for leucorrhea.
WHAT IS LEUCORRHEA (WHITE DISCHARGE)?
Leucorrhea is a Gynecological problem in women. There is excessive white, sticky, foul smelling dischargefrom vagina which may be accompanied by inflammation, irritation and redness is called leucorrhea.
TYPES OF LEUCORRHEA
IT IS OF TWO TYPES:
1. Physiological leucorrhea: It is most common in youngwomen. It is due to increased level of estrogen. Normally it acts as defense mechanism of body to restore chemical balance. It also helps to maintain the flexibility of vagina and nearby tissues.It is mainly during puberty period when sexual organs are developing.
2. Inflammatory leucorrhea: It mainly occurs due to vaginal swelling or congestion of mucosa in vaginal area. It may be due to anysexually transmitted disease (STD) and lochia (Post-partum discharge after delivery).
WHAT CAN BE THE SYMPTOMS OF LEUCORRHEA?
The common symptoms of disease include:
- Main symptom is excess whitish discharge from vagina.
- Irritation and inflammation in genital area.
- Digestion problem
- Dark patches under eyes
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH LEUCORRHEA
If the disease left untreated then it may get worse with time. This infection can spread into ovaries, fallopian tubes which results in infection of fallopian tubes that causes infertility. If white discharge occurs regularly after menopause and in late fertile stage then it may result in severe disease like cervix cancer. This infection spread into nearby organs like urinary and reproductive areas.
Read also:- Ayurvedic treatment for Leucorrhoea
Leucorrhea is known as ShvetaPradara in Ayurveda. The meaning of Shveta is White and Pradar means Discharge. This problem may occur due to unhygienic conditions, infection of genital organ or impaired immune function.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF LEUCORRHEA AS PER AYURVEDA?
As per Ayurveda, there are three main energies in body which are responsible for good health these are- vata, pitta and kapha. Aggravation of kapha is responsible for leucorrhea. This mostly occurs in weak and anemic women. The main causative factor is especially food which results in aggravation of kaphathat disturbs the Rasa Dhatuand results in leucorrhea. There is sticky, whitish discharge in this type of leucorrhea. This is called Kaphaj yoni.
Many times increased pitta also causes leucorrhea with yellowish, purulent discharge. Burning sensation, thirst are associated symptoms with this.This is called Pittaj yoni.
There are some common causes of leucorrhea which are given below:
- Diseased condition like Anemia, diabetes
- Hormonal imbalance
- Prolapseof uterus
- Chronic Salpingitis
- Excess of tea and coffee
- Cervical erosion
- Bacterial infection
HERBAL TREATMENT OF LEUCORRHOEA
Ayurveda treatment mainly works on enhancement of digestive fire which helps to remove accumulated toxins and waste products in association with aggravated kapha. There are number of herbs and herbal formulations present to treat leucorrhea like Ashoka, Aoevera, Neem, Shatavari, Lodhara etc which gives strength to reproductive system also.
HERBAL FORMULATIONS FOR LEUCORRHEA BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda is an herbal manufacturing company which provides pure natural products without any side effects. The main aim of planet Ayurveda is to promote good health with the help of herbal formulations in a natural way.
It is a combo pack of different herbal formulations which are explained below:
|Sr. No.|| |
|1 bottle (60 capsules)|
Female health support
|2 bottles (120 capsules)|
|1 bottle (120 tablets)|
|2 packs (200 gms)|
1. PITTA BALANCE
These are capsules which are combination of different compounds. It helps to balance pitta dosha and related problems. It consists of different ingredients:
INGREDIENTS OF PITTA BALANCE CAPSULES:
- Praval Pishti (Coral calcium) - It is rich source of calcium and it helps in balancing tri energies and their related problem. It also enhances immunity.
- Akik Pishti (Agate calcium) - It is useful in management of various ailments and helps to balance pitta dosha.
- Jawar Mohra Pishti (An Ayurvedic Calcium Compound) - It is natural source of calcium and helps to maintain tri energies in body.
- Kamdudha Ras (An Ayurvedic Calcium Compound) - It helps to maintain healthy digestive system.
- Mukta Pishti (Pearl Calcium) - It helps to relieve gastric problems and other disorders.
- Giloy Satva (Tinospora cordifolia extract) - It helps to maintain all three doshas and maintain a healthy body. It also enhances immunity of body.
Dose:- 1 capsule twice in a day.
2. FEMALE HEALTH SUPPORT
These are pure natural herbal capsules by Planet Ayurveda. It is a combination of different herbs which are explained below:
- Ashok (Saraca indica): It is obtained from the bark of Saracaindica. It is helpful in menstrual related problems. It helps in balancing the female hormones.
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa): Its bark is used in different medicinal formulations and act as astringent. It is commonly used in leucorrhea. It also helps in menstrual problems.
- Shatavari (Asparagus recemosus) - It helps in improving female hormones. It also helps in gastric related problems.
Dose:- 2 capsules in a day with milk or water.
3. GANDHAK RASAYAN
It is obtained from Shuddh Gandhak also known as Sulphur purified. It is herbal supplement for rejunvenation. It has an excellent property to remove toxins from body. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties.
Dose:- 2 tablets twice in a day.
4. PRADARANTAK CHURNA
It is an herbal powder formulation by Planet Ayurveda which is mixture of different herbs which are explained below:
- Lodhra (Symplocus racemosa) - It helps in various gynecological problems in women. It also helps in relieving digestive system related problems.
- Ashok (Saraca indica) - It helps in relieving menstruation problems.
- Udumbur (Ficus glomerata) - It has cleansing action on skin.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna): It helps to relieve leucorrhea by balancing kaphaalong with vata and pitta. It also helps to remove toxins from body.
Dose:- 1-2 teaspoon twice a day, with water or iced tea or juice, after meals.