HINDI - Kachnaar
SANSKRIT - Kachnaar, Gandaari, Yugpatraka, Karbudara
ENGLISH - Mountain Ebony
It is a medium height tree. The bark is dusky brown in color and has multiple slits all over it.
The leaves are 2.5 - 6 inches long, rounded with tapering ends and are heart shaped.
The flowers are large white purple to white in color with the inner margins having yellow colored spots.
The fruits are long, flat and smooth which can easily bend. Each of these fruits contains, 10 – 15 seeds.
The seeds are contained in the fruits and are present in multiple numbers ranging from 10 – 15.
According to the color of flowers the Ayurveda texts have divided Kachnaar into three varieties white, red and yellow variety. This division is made on the basis of the color of the flowers.
It is found all over in India up to the height of 4000 feet above sea level. It usually prefers acidic soils and cannot tolerate salty conditions. It is acommonly occurring and fairly resistant plant.
It has many tannins, sugars and resinous extracts which are brown in color.
A yellow colored oil is extracted from the seeds.
Ruksha (dry), Laghu (light)
VIPAKA (After taste that develops post digestion)
Sheet (cold potency)
PRABHAVA (Special response)
It is especially effective in cases of lymphadenopathy.
EFFECT ON THE THREE DOSHAS (Body humors)
Regulates the elevated Kapha (Phlegm) and Pitta (Fire) doshas.
- Inflammatory conditions
- Weak immunity
- Liver problems
- Bacterial infections
- Thyroid problems
- Varicose veins
- Edematous conditions
- PCOD (Poly cystic ovarian disease)
- Fibroid uterus
Powdered bark -- 3-6 g, Decoction -- 40-80 ml, Flower extract -- 10-20 ml.
USEFUL PARTS OF KACHNAAR
Flowers and Bark.
MEDICINAL USES OF KACHNAAR
- It is a very effective anti–diabetic agent with great hypoglycemic activity. The ethanolic extracts of the plant are found to be useful in this regard.
- Kachnaar extracts are very effective anti-inflammatory agents and used in skin diseases, stomatitis or mouth ulcers, anal prolapse etc.
- It has a purgative action on the digestive system by which it cleanses the bowel and any other worms or infections growing inside. The flowers can be made into a sweet recipe for relieving constipation.
- It can also be used with vomiting inducing products as a stimulant.
- In lymphatic problems like lymph node swellings or any other type of soft tissue swelling kachnaar has been found to be very useful in effectively reducing the size of the glands or the organ concerned.
- It has a scrapping off effect on the fatty tissue depts. In the body, thereby helping in reducing weight in obese people.
- In case of rectal or anal prolapse, kachnaar has been found to be very useful in reinstalling the prolapsed organ and reducing the extent of prolapse of the organs.
- It is also a very effective liver stimulant that helps maintain its proper functioning and metabolism as a whole.
PLANET AYURVEDA'S KACHNAAR GUGGUL TABLETS
Kachnaar guggul is a classical ayurvedic preparation that is very commonly used in reducing swellings of all kinds like thyroiditis, varicose veins, pedal edema, lymph node swellings, poly cystic ovaries, fibroids in the uterus, tumors, cancers etc.
It has a vast scope of application in all kinds of patients that are suffering from any kind of soft tissue enlargements.
The tablets are however combined with other medicines also depending upon the type of disease and the organ affected.
The herbal extracts used in the preparation of kachnaar guggul tablets are purely herbal and natural. They have no side effects and can be used by people of all ages.
Kachnaar is combined with Guggul (Commiphora mukul) in this formulation, which is a very effective anti-inflammatory agent that can be used in any kind of mild to severe inflammatory conditions.
The tablets are consumed in the dose of 2 - 3 tablets twice to thrice daily with plain water.
WHERE TO BUY KANCHNAR GUGGULU TABLETS
To buy Planet Ayurveda Kanchnar Guggulu Tablets, visit www.alwaysayurveda.com/store/products/planet-ayurveda-kanchnaar-guggul