Liver is one of the most vital organ of human body and especially digestive system. There is no way by which one can compensate the absence of liver in the human body in a long run. Though various scientific conventions has evolved over the time, none of the option has been proven to be very successful.
Human liver weights around 3 pounds and is the largest solid organ of the human body.
Some of the vital functions that liver performs are
- It helps in removing harmful substance from the blood streams which also includes alcohol and some amount of drug.
- Liver breaks down saturated fat present in the body.
- Liver helps in storing sugar in the form of glycogen in the body.
- It also plays a very important part in detoxification.
- Liver helps in the protein synthesis in the body.
- Other than above functions, this gland (liver) plays a very important part in body metabolism and digestion.
- It manufactures bile which is required in digesting food.
Function of liver in Digestion
Liver plays a key role in the process of digestion. It produces bile that constitutes water, bile salts, cholesterol and pigment bilirubin. Hepatocytes that is an important constitute of liver produces bile. Bile which then is stored in gall bladder functions in emulsifying fats. Therefore turning the large clumps of fats into smaller ones, making it easier for the body to digest it.
Function of liver in Metabolism
The hepatocytes present in the liver perform various metabolic functions that are important for the support of the cells in the body. Since all the blood leaving the digestive system passes through hepatic portal vein, liver is very important in converting carbohydrates, lipids and protein into useful materials.
After going through all the points that specifies an important role that liver plays in our body one thing is certain that a human body cannot work without proper functioning liver. Any kind of impairment in this gland can hamper the total metabolism of the human body.
One such impairment in liver that couldn’t possibly be removed by any allopathic treatment is liver cirrhosis.
Liver cirrhosis is a disease in which healthy liver tissues are progressively replaced by scar tissue that eventually prevents liver from functioning. Cirrhosis prevents the flow of blood from the liver tissues and also slows down secretion of proteins. Liver cells also processes various nutrients, hormones, drugs and natural toxins.
Disease like liver cirrhosis eventually hampers the production all the above material.
Let's go Through Some of the Factors that Can Lead to Liver Cirrhosis
- Chronic viral infections of the liver like hepatitis B and C.
- Certain blockage in bile duct can also lead to liver cirrhosis.
- Bile duct is a pipe that carries bile from the liver to the intestine.
- Fatty liver that are associated with obesity and diabetes.
- People who are suffering from heart failure can also get affected by liver cirrhosis.
- Excess amount of alcohol.
One can prevent liver cirrhosis by making few changes in life styles. Some steps that one can adopt are mentioned below:
- Avoid alcohol
- Opt for a low sodium diet
- Avoid infections and take proper care of sanitation
- Making a habit of having healthy diet
Though various disciplines have claimed of making various breakthrough in the treatment of liver cirrhosis but none has proven to be successful in curing cirrhosis effectively. Some of the allopathic treatment that are around in the market carries its own risk and side effects.
There is an alternative by which one can cure this disease without facing any complications or side effects. Ayurveda is the best treatment which has been adopted across the world for the treatment of liver cirrhosis.
One can cure liver cirrhosis with herbal remedies. Planet Ayurveda is providing a very helpful and effective means of herbal cure for liver cirrhosis. Liver Care Pack is the combination of all important herbs and have been proven to be effective in the curing liver cirrhosis.
Liver Care Pack Constitutes of
- Yakritplihantak Churna
- Phyllanthus Niruri Capsules
- Echinacea Capsules
- Liver Detox Capsules